Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two new independent spy shots (maybe same test drive?):

First pic, credit to /u/sodiepopsboyyyyyyyyy

anxex7tnrquy.jpg

Second set of pics, credit to /u/gamerfreak4life

WRO3O6l.jpg

3IauLhm.jpg

This white car is totally awesome! even though the cel phone photo has some problems with alignment.

In photos 2 &3, aren't those the DRL's at the top of the headlight? I hope they are.

In photo 1, I love the way the trunk opening line curves down through the tail light wrap around and then continues in line with the seam line between the rear fascia and quarter panel. Design wise it all works together. Too many cars don't handle the seam separation line of the rear fascia in an elegant manner. The TM3 nails it!

I would really like to dump those side view mirrors - on any car.

Last edited:
Reactions: e-FTW
Also, comparing distant cellphone photos to the CGI render from the marketing department isn't a good/fair comparison. Just look at the totally blacked out (fake) windows in that old CGI rendering. Some people are going to wish their car looked like that, but it isn't realistic.

Those aren't CGI renders, they're actual (real) photos of the silver alpha from the Motor Trend shoot at the Gigafactory last year.

-----------------
MOD EDIT (from TEG): No, I was talking about the black render mentioned here;
Model 3 Mule Sightings
https://www.tesla.com/tesla_theme/assets/img/model3/gallery/gallery-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this really what the model 3 looks like now?

As a Tesla fan this makes me feel sick to my stomach. It seems to be getting uglier and uglier with each iteration.

This used to be a super sexy car.

It's almost exactly the same. Just looks way better with bigger wheels and in a professionally shot photo rather than small wheels and what looks like a crap zoomed cell phone pic (no offense to the photographer).

You would cancel your order for the most ground breaking car since probably the Ford Model T because the vents don't blow in your face? After the interior temperature of the car comes down or up to a level you are comfortable with you won't even notice. To each his own I guess...

Maybe. Like I said, I need a test drive or two. Some people care about a dash display, some care about options, some care about styling; I care about my own comfort, and I like directing my AC vents to blow cool air in my face, even on days where it isn't "cold" per se. If I can't do that with the 3, that will be the first major mark against it for me, and yes, it might be enough for me to move on, either to a preowned S, or prompt me to keep my Volt and wait for a future Tesla model a few years down or one of the prospective competitors that might have a car then. I like to be comfortable in my cars, and cool air blowing on me is part of that. Or maybe I'll buy a mini fan to mount on the dash if the rest of the car is compelling enough. I'm a fan and stockholder of Tesla, but when it comes to a car I'm going to be driving every day, often times in traffic, I want to be comfortable and am going to value that over owning a Tesla just to own a Tesla.

Is this really what the model 3 looks like now?

As a Tesla fan this makes me feel sick to my stomach. It seems to be getting uglier and uglier with each iteration.

This used to be a super sexy car.

gallery-6.jpg

Looks the same as the picture you posted.

Heres a picture with the wheels photoshoped black. (by reddit user: gliese581z)
UF2SWpM.jpg

the second pix is a great example of what a cell phone pix can do when attempting to stitch together photos - there's a 3"-4" jump in alignments that mess with the overall proportions.
View attachment 225037

and I've never liked white, but totally would consider the Pearl White!

The cell phone had HDR feature turned on. This takes two shots with different exposures a fraction of a second apart and tries to blend them together. It doesn't work too well if the subject is moving.

Last edited:
The cell phone had HDR feature turned on. This takes two shots with different exposures a fraction of a second apart and tries to blend them together. It doesn't work too well if the subject is moving.
If this was taken with an iPhone, the default setting is to save the non-HDR version of the photo, so perhaps the photographer could post the non-HDR version so we have less of that matching artifact.

Status
Not open for further replies.