Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 OEM subwoofer install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i recently purchased a model 3 SR+ and when i initially test drove the LR and had the upgraded audio. My question is if i purchase the factory subwoofer and Amp does anybody else know what i would need to hook it up? Wires..etc. I’ve been looking on this forum for options and I’ve seen the hannshow and nvx and both are options so I’m open to those if anyone has them installed but i want a more factory look if possible. Thanks.

My advice would be to not bother with the OEM subwoofer. It's small an underpowered. You'll go through a lot of work and then be disappointed. Put in a quality aftermarket powered sub or seperate sub and amp. Same amount of work an you'll be a lot happier with the end result. You can put it all in the sub truck so it's still hidden.
thats a BS statement...it works fine for most people...he's not looking to shake the block he wants what the LR has....if he upgrades and then has to get all that work done for another fee, and then needs a new amp because his aftermarket one blew and all that crap........just get the OEM...and put one of the rear seat down when you drive...you'll be happy

Upvote 0
I’m also interested in installing the OEM sub and amp - I presume the amp needs a canbus signal? Anyone installed one?
You cannot add the OEM amp if it didn’t come with your car from the factory. The signals to/from the amp will not be recognized without the proper programming from Tesla. You can add the OEM sub, there are a few install methods, but it will have to be using an aftermarket amp.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Upvote 0
I’d take a PM as well. I bought my sister a 2019 SR plus model 3 & bought the Hansshow diy kit. I have a factory subwoofer I pulled out to a salvage car and plan on using the Alpine four channel amplifier bridged to two channels, one for each voice coil, but any clue as to where I would tap to get the best subwoofer signal? Thanks!

Upvote 0
I’d take a PM as well. I bought my sister a 2019 SR plus model 3 & bought the Hansshow diy kit. I have a factory subwoofer I pulled out to a salvage car and plan on using the Alpine four channel amplifier bridged to two channels, one for each voice coil, but any clue as to where I would tap to get the best subwoofer signal? Thanks!
I’ll send you a pm, did this exact install on my 2019 sr+

Upvote 0
i just got 2023 Model 3 RWD and I saw Hansshow upgrade kit Version A including flat subwoofer (made by Alpine)

VA_720x.png

I am not sure this is way to go or
Should I just get wire DIY kit then get OEM subwoofer with 3rd party amp?
Can you share more information via PM?
Thank you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.