Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you guys finalize loan process without a VIN and contract? Seems like the earliest date for delivery could be 12/22, but I don't know what to do if I don't have VIN and contract before delivery is scheduled.

Tesla seems to be somewhat strange in this aspect. We accepted our loan about 1.5 weeks prior to getting our VIN. The delay seemed to be that we didn't upload our proof of insurance on our existing car. We got our VIN within 1 business day of uploading our insurance. We have now scheduled our delivery and paid the down payment; according to the delivery center in Denver, you often don't see the contract until you arrive for delivery.

Tesla seems to be somewhat strange in this aspect. We accepted our loan about 1.5 weeks prior to getting our VIN. The delay seemed to be that we didn't upload our proof of insurance on our existing car. We got our VIN within 1 business day of uploading our insurance. We have now scheduled our delivery and paid the down payment; according to the delivery center in Denver, you often don't see the contract until you arrive for delivery.

its interesting that you mention the uploading of insurance. I’ve completed all the tasks including loan approval. I’ve uploaded a copy of my insurance twice, but every time I log in I’m always presented with the same screen asking me to upload my insurance.

anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Here are the links to @Troy's (aka /u/Teslike) Model 3 Order Tracker Spreadsheet Project. There are a few identical sheets to avoid overcrowding.

Can someone tell me where the delivery date came from? It is posted for my M3 on the spreadsheet but I never received it from Tesla1 Estimate?

Last edited by a moderator:
its interesting that you mention the uploading of insurance. I’ve completed all the tasks including loan approval. I’ve uploaded a copy of my insurance twice, but every time I log in I’m always presented with the same screen asking me to upload my insurance.

I was on the upload insurance screen, but my trade lien holder had to be modified and ever since then it seems to be “stuck” on that page and has never advanced to the insurance page again. Wondering if that’s what’s preventing me from being assigned a car.

I don't know how to upload my insurance if I don't even have a VIN to purchase one. I have uploaded another one that has my name on it but on my husband's car. I still don't have a VIN.

Guys!!! I'm next!!! It's really happening!!!!

10/18, Costa Mesa, SR+ white/ black, AP
Picking up Sunday 9:30AM!!!

Seeing the VIN on my manage page and all over source code is the most beautiful thing I've been waiting for. Only we would understand:)

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences and status. It's been therapeutic. Good luck with your deliveries and see you on the other forums!

Yes. I called to make sure everything is complete and they said yes. Must be a website issue?

Yes same thing here! everytime i open my tesla account same screen all the time, and even uploaded all different angles of my insurance picture, my SA told me my VIN should show up yesterday and NOTHING! i texted and called her yesterday no answer, i think she is hibernating since yesterday, if i dont get my car end of this year i will simply cancel it and donate $100 to Mr. Musk..

Yes same thing here! everytime i open my tesla account same screen all the time, and even uploaded all different angles of my insurance picture, my SA told me my VIN should show up yesterday and NOTHING! i texted and called her yesterday no answer, i think she is hibernating since yesterday, if i dont get my car end of this year i will simply cancel it and donate $100 to Mr. Musk..
Arn't all ordered completely refundable?

Ordered 10/16
Long Range AWD
White Exterior/White Interior
AutoPilot
Aero Wheels
Costa Mesa Delivery Center

Don't have a VIN yet. Wondering if the White/White config is coming in last. I see inventory for the exact vehicle with white/black online in my area..
I had seen some white/white LR in inventory in Northern California, so hopefully they will be on their way soon.

Received this email from Tesla this morning. Seems like if you walk in with cash you’ll get a car immediately
————-
Explore our updated inventory — it’s your last chance to take advantage of the expiring federal tax credit.
Available for immediate delivery, browse a variety of configurations including Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, adaptive air suspension and premium interior — and order in minutes. With over-the-air software updates, every car will continue to get better over time with new features and functionality.
Trade-in your current car or search our new inventory online to find your match.

I noticed sometimes when I log in, my insurance upload doesn't show up even though I uploaded it long ago. Logging out and back in always made it re-appear. Everytime I called a DC I asked them to check if I've had everything done on my end and they always confirmed all is good.

Reactions: Haeffelin