Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my VIN and confirmation that the car would be shipped out soon about 20 minutes ago via text message. Last contact was a 1-4 week delivery notice text message last Weds (8/19/20). SA confirmed shipping to the Princeton dealership is ~12-14 days on average. Hoping to take delivery by the end of next week, fingers crossed!

Order date: 8/11/20 (quoted 3-7 week timeframe at time of order)
Config: P3D white, black interior, 20” performance wheels, w/o FSD
Shipping to: NJ

Same spec, ordered 8/5 in S Cal, No Vin Yet, received the 1 to 3 week text on 8/26

Ed

Wow I'm jealous. It's passing right by me in Seattle area. I ordered 8/6 and keep hoping to be be a lucky one and get it early. I checked Wednesday with my SA and it sounds like I have at least a couple more weeks to go.

I spoke to an advisor last week regarding an approximate delivery window and was informed it would be end of September, today was quite the surprise! I guess you never know.....

Order date: August 1 (4-8 week timeframe)
VIN date: August 27th ending in 785,13x
Config: M3 SR+, White Pearl, 18" Aero, Autopilot, Black interior

No scheduled delivery date yet, but "we are anticipating early - mid September delivery"
Located in Nashville, TN

Almost exact same order for me.
August 6 order date.
No VIN given yet.
Received text for 1-3 week delivery ready on August 26.
Config: M3 SR+, Pearl White, 18" Aero(buying aftermarket wheels next spring), Autopilot, Black interior.

How long does it typically take from when you get your VIN to when you get the text to schedule delivery? I was told I had a VIN assigned on 8/26 but I didn’t get a text to schedule delivery yet and my order page still looks the same.
I got my VIN text on Tuesday and on Thursday I got the "select delivery" text. Once I selected my date and time the "make final payment" screen came up as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Forensic
Got an email from the SA with my VIN yesterday, 8/27, 7749xx (LR AWD). Stopped in to the Tampa Intl Mall SC today. Assisted by a very nice SA. He took the time to show me the production page for my car. It's birthday (yes, birthday!) was 8/25. It is still in California awaiting rail transportation to Birmingham. Once there, it will be trucked to Tampa. When loaded on the truck, a delivery date to Tampa will be generated and the SC will call to set a delivery date to me. ETA to Tampa right now is 9/13. Counting the days!

Just called Tesla Canoga Park in SoCal, was told mid to late September for all vehicles with a new batch coming in a week or two. So pretty much there’s no point in ordering a custom vehicle in California early since you’ll wait the longest estimate they give out of the bunch. Will be 12-14 weeks here for my order, sad but what can be done. The wait continues.

Just called Tesla Canoga Park in SoCal, was told mid to late September for all vehicles with a new batch coming in a week or two. So pretty much there’s no point in ordering a custom vehicle in California early since you’ll wait the longest estimate they give out of the bunch. Will be 12-14 weeks here for my order, sad but what can be done. The wait continues.

I know its a pain. When I placed my order I made sure to get everything done like uploading my insurance and getting my financing in order as fast as I could. Thinking that I the faster I complete all the steps the faster I could get the order fulfilled. Only to find out that for the most part orders aren't prioritizes by when it was ordered so much as to where it was ordered. I was so excited I was about to sell my current car right away thinking I could live with out a car for a few weeks. I'm glad I hesitated because a few weeks would have been 2 months. I guess the west coast is best to order the last few weeks of the quarter as opposed to the first few weeks of the quarter. Just to save yourself from anxiety of waiting at the least.

I know its a pain. When I placed my order I made sure to get everything done like uploading my insurance and getting my financing in order as fast as I could. Thinking that I the faster I complete all the steps the faster I could get the order fulfilled. Only to find out that for the most part orders aren't prioritizes by when it was ordered so much as to where it was ordered. I was so excited I was about to sell my current car right away thinking I could live with out a car for a few weeks. I'm glad I hesitated because a few weeks would have been 2 months. I guess the west coast is best to order the last few weeks of the quarter as opposed to the first few weeks of the quarter. Just to save yourself from anxiety of waiting at the least.

I wish I had waited to give my brother my car, we sold his and he took over my current car and now I don’t have one. The wait is killer, sharing a car can be tough.