Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 PCP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Tesla website the PCP figures don't seem to match the PCP figures that Blackhorse are offering.

Seems to stem down to the Optional Final Payments differing.

Examples:

Tesla say:
Performance Model (no extras), £6000 deposit, 36 months = £598 a month and £27,792 optional final payment.

Blackhorse say:
Performance Model, £6000 deposit, 36 months = £640.42 a month and £26,125 optional final payment.

Tesla say:
LR AWD Model (no extras), £6000 deposit, 36 months = £574 a month and £24,472 optional final payment

Blackhorse say:
LR AWD Model (no extras), £6000 deposit, 36 months = £678.89 a month and £20,418.00 optional final payment.

Who is right? Who can you contact to get one of them corrected? I put a deposit down based off Tesla's estimates but there are massive variances here - over £100 a month on the LR model!

• Informative
Reactions: anon37485
On Tesla website the PCP figures don't seem to match the PCP figures that Blackhorse are offering.

Examples:

Tesla say:
Performance Model (no extras), £6000 deposit, 36 months = £598 a month and £27,792 optional final payment.

Blackhorse say:
Performance Model, £6000 deposit, 36 months = £640.42 a month and £26,125 optional final payment.

Tesla say:
LR AWD Model (no extras), £6000 deposit, 36 months = £574 a month and £24,472 optional final payment

Blackhorse say:
LR AWD Model (no extras), £6000 deposit, 36 months = £678.89 a month and £20,418.00 optional final payment.

Who is right? Who can you contact to get one of them corrected? I put a deposit down based off Tesla's estimates but there are massive variances here - over £100 a month on the LR model!

I can't say for sure although when I went to the Tesla service centre in Leeds, the salesperson used the figures quoted from Black Horse as being the accurate ones.

Examples:

Tesla say:

Blackhorse say:

Tesla say:

Blackhorse say:

Hi,

I am having the same issue as when i paid the deposit in Tesla site the monthly payment showed as £574 for 48 months and in the Blackhorse site it is showing as £640.What is the best way to proceed from here? Are there any other PCP options other than Blackhorse as there is quite lot of price variant from Tesla site to Blackhorse??

I'm (not) pleased you've highlighted this, I've been using the Tesla figures for the last week, weighing up what to get/afford. I too was going to use Black Horse, I can't believe how different those figures are!

I assume Black Horse won't budge on price either.

Damn, this changes things...

I'm (not) pleased you've highlighted this, I've been using the Tesla figures for the last week, weighing up what to get/afford. I too was going to use Black Horse, I can't believe how different those figures are!

I assume Black Horse won't budge on price either.

Damn, this changes things...

I am going to give Tesla a call and hopefully get somewhere. At some point in the last 10 days or so the residuals that Tesla used changed (they all went up by 2-4k), this brought the monthly payments down. Black Horse don't seem to reflect these changes. Whether they have been slow to update or Tesla have just made up the figures(?), who knows!

Always go with what the lender says. I jumped ship to using Frontier Vehicle Leasing (some use Zen.Auto) as it's A LOT cheaper.

Also, the FVL rep I spoke to said that in the last 6 months of the 3 year lease, I can ask for a sale price which I thought wasn't possible via a leasing contract...

Also, the FVL rep I spoke to said that in the last 6 months of the 3 year lease, I can ask for a sale price which I thought wasn't possible via a leasing contract...

I'm just coming out of a lease, and I asked the same question "what's the sale price" and I was told "legally we cannot sell it to you, but we can sell it to a friend of yours". Apparently they can only sell it to a 3rd party.

So I guess, technically you can request the sale price, but they still might not sell it to you directly.

I'm just coming out of a lease, and I asked the same question "what's the sale price" and I was told "legally we cannot sell it to you, but we can sell it to a friend of yours". Apparently they can only sell it to a 3rd party.

So I guess, technically you can request the sale price, but they still might not sell it to you directly.

Weird - I wonder if it's a new thing, but yeah I was told I could ask for a quote in the last 6 months. Can also up or decrease the annual mileage, too after the first 6 months.

The Black Horse figures are incorrect (outdated). They're clearly wrong as the residual for the LR AWD is exactly the same as the SR+. Tesla's own figures were incorrect in the same way up until quite recently, seems Black Horse is just slow to reflect the new figures.

I also had a lease for an Audi S5 that is coming to the end in a few weeks (2 years lease). They gave me a quote to buy the car but it wasn't great (i.e. a bit higher than autotrader valuation)

• Informative
Reactions: anon37485
This is my PCP figures from Blackhorse before the price cut for a P+, Black, White interior

PCP.PNG

I am expecting Black Horse to refresh that based on the new car price along with the final invoice whenever that will show up!

The Black Horse figures are incorrect (outdated). They're clearly wrong as the residual for the LR AWD is exactly the same as the SR+. Tesla's own figures were incorrect in the same way up until quite recently, seems Black Horse is just slow to reflect the new figures.
If they are incorrect, how do we apply? I assume we can only do it through Tesla's page, which means if it's wrong we can't proceed?

I feel like I may have missed a trick with finance and maybe shouldn't have gone straight through Blackhorse - any idea on the work involved to get finance elsewhere? I'd imagine it's a case of starting the process all over again and getting a fresh order number with Tesla..

I feel like I may have missed a trick with finance and maybe shouldn't have gone straight through Blackhorse - any idea on the work involved to get finance elsewhere? I'd imagine it's a case of starting the process all over again and getting a fresh order number with Tesla..
What have you missed? Not happy with the monthlies?

My situation is, I'm coming out of a lease (which I had no option to buy at the end), so leaning towards PCP this time. Even though it might cost me more, I like the idea of being able to buy it if I want to.

The problem is, leases are looking really really attractive again ...

My current lease is with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, and I've just looked at their leases, and the Model 3 looks cheapest I've seen (I think)?!

What have you missed? Not happy with the monthlies?

My situation is, I'm coming out of a lease (which I had no option to buy at the end), so leaning towards PCP this time. Even though it might cost me more, I like the idea of being able to buy it if I want to.

The problem is, leases are looking really really attractive again ...

My current lease is with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, and I've just looked at their leases, and the Model 3 looks cheapest I've seen (I think)?!

After looking at quotes with Frontier Vehicle Leasing & Zen.Auto I think I could reduce the monthly's by £40-50. Not sure if I should investigate further or just pretend I never looked. I'm not the most patient and don't fancy going to the back of the queue!

After looking at quotes with Frontier Vehicle Leasing & Zen.Auto I think I could reduce the monthly's by £40-50. Not sure if I should investigate further or just pretend I never looked. I'm not the most patient and don't fancy going to the back of the queue!
Haha I feel your pain. I guess the question is, do you think you might buy the car after the initial term? PCP means you can, Lease means you can't.