Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Battery Degradation One Month (Story)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes exactly the guess of meter is just more accurate.

I have worked on other electric cars and for some reason Tesla just refused to put a reading on battery health like for example the Nissan Leaf. I think if there was a indicator which is clearly possible it would remove so many questions and posts about battery health. I mean on a Leaf I can check the health of each cell, display its voltage, dial into the actual health of the battery down to cell per cell just nothing like this for Tesla. Oh I am sure it is available in some hidden diag menu but we cannot see it.
Tesla intentionally focused on beating battery anxiety with range and supercharging network rather than battery education and advanced diagnostics. They assessed that mass market doesn’t want to learn the nuances of battery technology, just wants enough range and charging options plus simple instructions. To the point that original S just had 2 charge levels: range (100%) and daily (93%). This is to the consternation of inquisitive owners... but I believe was a good overall decision for broader market.

Tesla intentionally focused on beating battery anxiety with range and supercharging network rather than battery education and advanced diagnostics. They assessed that mass market doesn’t want to learn the nuances of battery technology, just wants enough range and charging options plus simple instructions. To the point that original S just had 2 charge levels: range (100%) and daily (93%). This is to the consternation of inquisitive owners... but I believe was a good overall decision for broader market.

Yes perhaps but the post on all the forums, youtube, Tesla, Twitter, then endless threads going on and on then we have the people that call Tesla, put in service tickets. All this makes we wonder if a little education or deeper optional info would not make most of this go away.

I myself never have range anxiety the nav always gets me where I have to go and charge as needed. But that does not mean that I would not like some deeper info on my battery.

Overall I think Tesla is wrong by hiding the data proof is the everyday continues post I see all over about this same subject. Again I am not worried I like to dive into the details that's why I bought a Smart electric car and took the whole thing apart, resurrected the dead battery, and put it back together just to learn and have some fun. I only paid 1k for the car and my son and I had endless entertainment and education. Then I sold the parts for more than double what I paid.

...on a Tesla discussion forum that you went and looked for and created an account on. That's not exactly most of the general consumer public.

Sure I guess it's not the general public, but certainly is Tesla owners and Tesla owners care about Tesla batteries. For sure much concern by Tesla owners who make the thousands of post would be reduced as well as the service request to check batteries due to the guess o meter reading low would be gone.

Anyway we both have our opinions, everyone has one sometime they don't match (... many times).

Sure I guess it's not the general public, but certainly is Tesla owners and Tesla owners care about Tesla batteries. For sure much concern by Tesla owners who make the thousands of post would be reduced as well as the service request to check batteries due to the guess o meter reading low would be gone.
You always have to pick your audience, though, and can't please both. When products go for giving the detailed technical information and specifications and detailed operating procedures to please the geeks, it turns off the general public, thinking, "Ugh. Those are too complicated and hard to use."

Reactions: navguy12
Status
Not open for further replies.