Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance, rattling in slow speed uneven road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 M3P, delivered late September, 3300km so far.

I have a small rattle which seems to be in the front suspension, or in the front of the car, but only when the right front tire is going over small bumbs, crack, uneven road etc, and only going slow, 10-50km/t (6-31Mph)

Going faster or in larger cracks i cant hear it. Had it to the SC and they confirmed they heared it, but they did not have time to investigate further into it, only took a quick look in the workshop.

Anyone have any idea? I have a new appointment in 2 weeks, but would like to hear if somneone might knew what it was. Of course, not easy without actually hearing it.,

Possibly loose sway bar end link. I had this pop up on mine after 1000 miles. Drivers side front suspension would knock/rattle when making left turns or uneven pavement on that side. They replaced and/or tightened it and it hasn't popped back up in over 1k miles.

I second (or third?) the sway bar end link theory, i have a similar noise right now on my right front and am pretty sure i need to replace them (though i have a ridiculously modified suspension so i can't really go to Tesla for that). I've seen multiple others needing similar repairs on stock cars though.

I did not check the torque on the nuts on the swaybar link, I just made sure they were not loose with a wrench. So they can make noise even if they feels tight using tools?

Yes, the joint itself can break and even if everything is tight you can still have problems. Here are some pics from Tesla that i saved from another thread:

StabilizerEndlinkDamage1.jpegStabilizerEndlinkDamage2.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: dsgerbc and G26okie