Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the price drop today. I’m think of going with a M3P. But the pot holes in my area would make the 20” rims almost impossible based on what I’ve read on here. I was looking at 18” Martian Rims. Would the service center mount the tires for me on delivery if I had them with me? If not, would the service center ever give me any trouble down the road for having after market rims?

They almost certainly won't mount tires or do any work on the car when you pick it up. Even if something is wrong with the car, they'll just tell you to schedule a service appointment.

Tesla service won't care about your car having aftermarket wheels. Just make sure your fitment is good and mounting them is easy, i.e. no "lug centric" mounting. Don't give them extra hassle and they won't give you any either. You shouldn't have any problems with the Martian wheels.

If it helps reassure you, I've had my M3P with 18" aftermarket wheels in for service twice now, no issues. I have aftermarket suspension too. My wife and I try to treat service center staff nicely and respectfully, and they almost always return the favor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42M3
With the price drop today. I’m think of going with a M3P. But the pot holes in my area would make the 20” rims almost impossible based on what I’ve read on here. I was looking at 18” Martian Rims. Would the service center mount the tires for me on delivery if I had them with me? If not, would the service center ever give me any trouble down the road for having after market rims?
No and no.

No and no is correct. Order some Martians months in advance, order some tires a day or two in advance, then swing by your local tire shop for the swap and sell off the factory wheels here or on FB/CL. Regardless of the brand, you should generally avoid "dealerships" for service of wear items (tires, brakes, oil, bodywork, etc.)