Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR; 15mm spacers didn’t fit. So I only used the 20mm spacers in the rear. Front is stock.

I had my car at the local tire shop today and I can confirm that the 15mm BloxSport spacers do NOT fit the factory 20” Wheels on the Model 3 Performance. The factory studs hit the back of the cavity of the OEM wheel.

The factory studs protrude out 17mm from the 15mm spacer. And the cavity pockets of the OEM 20” wheels are only 14mm deep.

I purchased the BloxSport 15/20 set back in January and waited for spring to get my factory summers back on. Glad I saw these post the past few days.

I can also confirm the 20mm spacers fit the front. But 20mm makes the wheels poke out too much in the front for me, on the stock suspension.

So I left the front stock and used the 20mm spacers on the rear as planned.

Are there 10mm hub centric spacers without the studs. Anyone know where to get these?

Yes, I know I can buy new wheels with the proper offsets. I really want the Vossen HF-2’s or the HRE P-200’s.

But I have a budget and would rather get coilovers before a new set of new wheels.

View media item 121099View media item 121101View media item 121100View media item 121103View media item 121102View media item 121105View media item 121104
Just a thought but did you remove the screw that protrudes slightly? If not then the spacer won’t fit on the front?

Did your Blox 15mm spacers come with the additional lug nuts?

It came compete with the lug nuts to bolt the spacer onto the factory studs.

Just to clarify, this is not and issue with BloxSport. It’s a great product.

But the 15mm spacer does not work with the Model 3 Performance with the 20” factory wheels.

The 20mm do work but then the front wheel extend out past the front fenders.

So I left the front stock and it looks ok. Looking for a set of 10mm spacers for the front now.

But the 15mm spacer does not work with the Model 3 Performance with the 20” factory wheels.

So I left the front stock and it looks ok. Looking for a set of 10mm spacers for the front now.
If 15mm don’t work then how will 10mm work? Even if they are lugless you’ll only have 22mm for the alloy and nuts to attached to, doubt that would be enough to be safe?

So we have a user with a 2020 Model 3 performance saying the 15mm fits on the front, and you saying it doesn't. Since your car has the silver wheels, I'm assuming it's an 18/19 model year vehicle. It could be possible that the new wheels have deeper recesses or that 2020 models have slightly shorter studs. I have a 2020 and the 15/20mm blox combo that arrived the other day. I'll be attempting install on mine most likely this weekend and will report back. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: bcpm3p and Cyclone1
So we have a user with a 2020 Model 3 performance saying the 15mm fits on the front, and you saying it doesn't. Since your car has the silver wheels, I'm assuming it's an 18/19 model year vehicle. It could be possible that the new wheels have deeper recesses or that 2020 models have slightly shorter studs. I have a 2020 and the 15/20mm blox combo that arrived the other day. I'll be attempting install on mine most likely this weekend and will report back. Fingers crossed.

Yes, my car is a 2019.

I hope you’ll have better luck with the 15mm spacers on your 2020 wheels! Keep us posted.

Reactions: vogz and bcpm3p

Hey Vogz, did you get a chance to install these over the weekend?

Reactions: JT_M3P
TBH, I don't know, that's why I'm looking into it. Maybe will have to go down to 5mm spacers or leave it stock.

A 10mm studless spacer will not 1) give you enough thread stud engagement to torque down the lug nuts to factory 20in wheels and 2) give you enough hub depth for the wheel center bore to seat too. A 8mm studless spacer (for factory wheel) would be the limit per Ian Pavelko (Director of Technical Services) at Fastco Wheels per this video below. It's highly informative especially at 3:00, 10:40, and 14:45 (where he mentions the 8mm spacer) sections of the video. Also useful is his post (and proceeding post) regarding Model 3, Model 3 Performance, and Model 3 Performance w/PUO wheels here: Aftermarket Tesla Model 3 Wheels and Tires - Tesla Owners Online

As a FYI, this video was made in 10/2018 and since then Ian has confirmed the hex bolt is only on there to help hold the rotor in during factory installation. It's not needed afterwards.

Hello quick question
I read a lot of notes that the 15mm spacer do not work with the 20inch M3 Performance wheel in the Front wheel
But any experience with the 15mm spacer but with the 19inch Sport wheel?

Also were are you buying your spacers?

I can confirm that the 15mm spacers will NOT work on a 2020 P3D+ with the black 20” wheels. The original studs protrude to far out not allowing the wheel to sit flush. I only have 20mm in the back which works fine. 20mm up front is a little to far. Blox said that I would have to shave the original lugs which I do not want to do.

Reactions: SuperNuprin
Yea, it's a no go on the 15mm on the front. I'm going to throw a 5mm spacer on there and use the 20mm in the back. Need to get in contact with Blox about return/replacement. Might swap the 15mm for 25mm and see if I can handle the extra poke front and rear.

Just to confirm again (?), did you remove the retaining bolts on the front rotors prior to test fitting the spacers? This is supposedly a must on the 15mm BLOX spacers. I find it hard to believe that Tesla actually changed the performance wheels somehow (besides color) for 2020.

Just to confirm again (?), did you remove the retaining bolts on the front rotors prior to test fitting the spacers? This is supposedly a must on the 15mm BLOX spacers. I find it hard to believe that Tesla actually changed the performance wheels somehow (besides color) for 2020.

Yes, I removed the 10mm bolt that holds the rotor to the hub. So just an update, the fit is SUPER close to working, not 3mm off like previously stated with pre 2020 models.
It's less than .5mm off.

Here's a pic....I can slide an index card between spacer and wheel, but nothing thicker.

I could probably grind the lug studs just a tad and get it to sit flush. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 626
Reactions: bcpm3p
Yes, I removed the 10mm bolt that holds the rotor to the hub. So just an update, the fit is SUPER close to working, not 3mm off like previously stated with pre 2020 models.
It's less than .5mm off.

Here's a pic....I can slide an index card between spacer and wheel, but nothing thicker.

I could probably grind the lug studs just a tad and get it to sit flush. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Wow, that really sucks. If it was me I'd not grind anything. I'd ditch the BLOX spacer and get a different brand. I can't remember off-hand but there was a US-based company that had spacers for like $300 that have extra clearance than the BLOX ones.

I just got a 2019 demo and have BLOX 15/20mm sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. I am swapping my wheels today to a set of powdercoated 20" ones and will put the spacers on after the "new" wheels are on board. I assume I won't end up with refinished 2020 wheels but I guess I won't know for sure until I try and bolt everything up :)

I'd ditch the BLOX spacer and get a different brand.
It's not the Blox that is the issue, it's the combination of adding 15mm of metal in-between the hub and wheel surface. The factory studs contact the factory wheels with only 15mm of space. There is nothing a spacer manufacturer could do to remedy this other than make them bigger than 15mm so the factory studs will clear the factory wheels. Blox has done that with their 20mm (but I'm with most here who think there is too much poke). With @vogz pictures, it looks like maybe 17mm might work, but only testing would reveal that.

Reactions: SuperNuprin
It's not the Blox that is the issue, it's the combination of adding 15mm of metal in-between the hub and wheel surface. The factory studs contact the factory wheels with only 15mm of space. There is nothing a spacer manufacturer could do to remedy this other than make them bigger than 15mm so the factory studs will clear the factory wheels. Blox has done that with their 20mm (but I'm with most here who think there is too much poke). With @vogz pictures, it looks like maybe 17mm might work, but only testing would reveal that.

Exactly, it's not an issue with the Blox spacer, it's simply that the size won't work with the length of the lug studs. I'm going to wait for my 5mm spacers to arrive, see how they look and then make a decision.