Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after the 5mm spacer (and swapped the hub cover)

F90BF19E-0680-4750-9043-CF9DF8AD59B6.jpeg
E1434D89-0317-48BA-8F57-BC917F6CFD11.jpeg
6FA9B8C1-3C25-4E84-A20F-CB770042ED2D.jpeg
7CBEB9BC-878B-4EB8-9B40-30FF03BE4D7A.jpeg

Yeah, I’m happy with the look (no spacer was ok too but this is better). The most important thing is getting 20mm on the rear.

I took off the rotor set screws when I originally installed the 15mm spacers (need to remove the screw) and didn’t replace them when taking off the spacers. No biggie as they aren’t really needed anyways. But, I did reinstall them when I put on the 5 mm spacers yesterday. I did it after I took the pics. You don’t need to though.

Reactions: Cyclone1
I put on hub-centric 6mm spacers this morning, in 5x114 with a 64.1mm CB (SR+ hub). They're a perfect fit, and I torqued everything down to 135 ft/lbs and did some acceleration & braking tests, some hard turns, and drove it on the freeway "at speed", and everything felt fine. Overall, it looks a little bit better now but not by much.

IMO, running a 12mm spacer would be perfect on the 20" performance wheels, but that's not going to happen unless I remove the hub and press out all of the wheel studs and press in longer aftermarket studs. I've done this back in the day with Honda and Toyota cars, so the process isn't new to me, but it's a PITA and just takes time & money (press & parts) in order to get that small amount of extra backspacing for aesthetics purposes.

For now, this will do.

6mm-Spacer-1.jpg

6mm-Spacer-2.jpg

Reactions: Firehuntah
Looks great! Totally agree that 5mm looks just fine. 10mm would be ideal, but little too much of a risk on stuck lug studs like we've said. Glad the cheapie spacers worked out for you too. Everything still perfect with my car too.

Reactions: TypeRx
Took some pictures today since it was nice out and I just washed the car.

Running 6mm spacers in the front and 20mm spacers in the rear, lowered on Eibach springs.

I guess looking at it now, the 6mm spacers are good enough for the front without running into any fitment issues or needing new extended wheel studs pressed in. Maybe it's just me, but I still think a 10-ish mm spacer up front would be a perfect compliment to the 20mm rear spacer.

03.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

Sorry, a little of a novice here with center bores, but would these work for the front on a Tesla 3 Performance?

5mm Hubcentric Race Wheel Spacers | 5x114.3 & 5x120.7 & 5x120.65 | 70.3 70.5 Hub | eBay

I noticed that the BLOX are 64.1, but these are 70.5?

Those appear to be the same ones that I have. I purchased mine from Amazon.
2pcs 5mm (3/16 inch) Hubcentric 5x4.5 and 5x4.75 Wheel Spacers (70.5mm bore) Compatible with Ford Cadillac Lincoln Mazda Chevy GMC Pontiac (5x114.3 and 5x120.7) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRIB441/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_AJiTEb8H9BJ6H

They work perfectly with the Model 3 Performance hub

• Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
Hello Guys... so what would be the final consensus of what F & R spacer flush the 20" wheels ?

LOL.

Front: 10mm will be perfect but impossible to achieve without extending your factory lugs (using a spacer with no integrated lug) or shaving your factory lugs (using a spacer with integrated lugs). So, go with a 5-6mm hubcentric instead and don't worry about your factory lugs.

Rear: 20mm using a spacer with integrated lugs.

I put on hub-centric 6mm spacers this morning, in 5x114 with a 64.1mm CB (SR+ hub). They're a perfect fit, and I torqued everything down to 135 ft/lbs and did some acceleration & braking tests, some hard turns, and drove it on the freeway "at speed", and everything felt fine. Overall, it looks a little bit better now but not by much.

IMO, running a 12mm spacer would be perfect on the 20" performance wheels, but that's not going to happen unless I remove the hub and press out all of the wheel studs and press in longer aftermarket studs. I've done this back in the day with Honda and Toyota cars, so the process isn't new to me, but it's a PITA and just takes time & money (press & parts) in order to get that small amount of extra backspacing for aesthetics purposes.

For now, this will do.

I have a LR AWD w/ the 20" performance wheels. Do spacers that exceed 6mm not work for non performance models with 20" perf wheels? I was thinking of doing 15mm and 20mm in the rear from blox but didn't realize possible fitment issue until reading this.