Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the 3P has that lip due to the thinner rotor hat. That lip is just under 3mm. So that means you have almost 3mm of extra lug sticking out vs the non P cars. So technically you can put on a 8mm and should have enough thread to tighten 7.5 turns with the stock lugs. I will be trying this tomorrow with an 8mm and 10mm slip on using stock and ET lug nuts on my 3P with the 20" Ubertines.
I have measured at the stud itself and seen a 5mm difference in engagement. I didn't base measurements off that protrusion at the hub. Are your ET's open ended lugnuts? If close ended just gotta make sure the stud doesn't bottom out inside the head of the nut.

I have measured at the stud itself and seen a 5mm difference in engagement. I didn't base measurements off that protrusion at the hub. Are your ET's open ended lugnuts? If close ended just gotta make sure the stud doesn't bottom out inside the head of the nut.
Ya, they are closed ended. They haven't bottomed out. I have about 37mm from open end to top of the lug.

Reactions: P3D-R
Well the 3P has that lip due to the thinner rotor hat. That lip is just under 3mm. So that means you have almost 3mm of extra lug sticking out vs the non P cars. So technically you can put on a 8mm and should have enough thread to tighten 7.5 turns with the stock lugs. I will be trying this tomorrow with an 8mm and 10mm slip on using stock and ET lug nuts on my 3P with the 20" Ubertines.
Oh cool. Can you send a link for the shank lugs you are using ? This may be the solution to my long national nightmare. Also interested in whether the 8mm fits without the shanks. I have a set of 8mm ready to go.

• Funny
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Oh cool. Can you send a link for the shank lugs you are using ? This may be the solution to my long national nightmare. Also interested in whether the 8mm fits without the shanks. I have a set of 8mm ready to go.
you need to confirm the opening of the lug hole in your wheel first. Without that data you are blindly purchasing stuff. You can google ET Shank 14x1.50 lugnuts. They fit into Momo and Forgestar but did not fit into Konig for me.

Ya like P3D-R said, measure the hole of the wheel first. These are the ones I currently have 20PC BLACK 14X1.5 THREAD EXTENDED (ET) STYLE CLOSE END WHEEL LUG NUT 3/4'' HEX | eBay.

I bought these and they will be arriving tomorrow https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SY38IAY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I've actually measured all of these and compared them to the H&R ones. They don't have much wall thickness so that's what scares me with the amount of torque we have. I need to speak with the companies to see about t. The H&R ones have very little to no slop in the oem opening along with the thicker wall of the shank. There's so many things about the Tesla that are different which do concern me. If it's just a street car that is not pushing hard then it should be fine. Any thoughts?

I've actually measured all of these and compared them to the H&R ones. They don't have much wall thickness so that's what scares me with the amount of torque we have. I need to speak with the companies to see about t. The H&R ones have very little to no slop in the oem opening along with the thicker wall of the shank. There's so many things about the Tesla that are different which do concern me. If it's just a street car that is not pushing hard then it should be fine. Any thoughts?
I would think so. I had an 8mm on my OEM lugs and kinda chickened out but that was when the 20mm was an option for me. Traverse Ridge indicated it should be fine and I trust them. I asked them this week again. They said they have people tracking with the 8mm on stock lugs. If these ET lug nuts fit that would eliminate my concerns and if it opens the door to a 10mm even better.

Reactions: P3D-R
On the rear of my M3P, I used 8mm spacers with these lugs that extend 8mm, to keep the same amount of thread engagement:

The spacers I used are no longer in stock, but there's nothing special about them.
The wheels are TSW Geneva, 19x8, +35. Everything went together nicely and rear tires no longer look more tucked than the fronts.

Attachments

• m3p_side_front.png
    m3p_side_front.png
    797.5 KB · Views: 140
  • m3p_side_rear.png
    m3p_side_rear.png
    441.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Helpful
On the rear of my M3P, I used 8mm spacers with these lugs that extend 8mm, to keep the same amount of thread engagement:

The spacers I used are no longer in stock, but there's nothing special about them.
The wheels are TSW Geneva, 19x8, +35. Everything went together nicely and rear tires no longer look more tucked than the fronts.
Nice. I wonder if you could get a 10mm on there.. Traverse ridge will machine custom spacers for the M3P hub lip. My 8mm set has the lip machines. Very reasonable prices as well.

Since you can use a 5mm on the M3P and if these extend by 8mm, and assuming I’m not an idiot at math, seems like you could definitely get a 10 on there as well. Right?

Yeah sorry, I thought you were keeping the uber's like me. Guess I'm still the only one haha. The H&R I have definitely are only for OEM. Sounds like P3D-R gave a pretty solid explination why.

I’m sticking with my Ubers too.

I’ve had at least one set of aftermarket wheels on my last several rides (Z06 had 3), and when I got the TM3 I went with the Performance with the intent on keeping the stock wheels - I really love how they look, they’re decently sized too, I’m planning on swapping out the 235/35 for some 255/35.

Reactions: 907tracer
I’m sticking with my Ubers too.

I’ve had at least one set of aftermarket wheels on my last several rides (Z06 had 3), and when I got the TM3 I went with the Performance with the intent on keeping the stock wheels - I really love how they look, they’re decently sized too, I’m planning on swapping out the 235/35 for some 255/35.
You can run 265/30 on the 20x9 ubers as well if you want to retain your speedo and range accuracy.