Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it TOTALLY sucked! After they rescheduled the second time, for like 12 days out from my original date, they called to say “good news, we would like to offer you the opportunity to have your car delivered early”. I laughed out loud, 10 days late, but hey, 2 days early depending on how you look at it!

Tim
so, good news, followed by bad news, ending in good news again. 👍🏽

Reactions: TBrownTX
I just wanted to post some positive news for a change, since I know this thread is a group therapy process and it might help. I took delivery today and the car was pretty much perfect! My charge door is very slightly too high, but I'll look into adjusting it myself. My NFC key key cards melted in the sun! All wavy and bent up Lol.. But the dealer replaced them in a few minutes. The car is amazing and better than I was hoping for basically in every way. Zero panel gap issues. Zero wind noise at high speeds. Shocking power, even though I have experience driving P100Ds. So great all around. I sincerely hope the same result for all of you waiting here. Trust me, it's worth the long grind.
Congrats! I have the same build, but still waiting for my VIN.

Hopefully there’s another one of these headed to Chicago soon. 🤞

Yeah... I'll just hope they'll deliver someday. I called in today to ask about the whole tesla vision thing and apparently, the radar-less cars have better specification cameras now. At least that's some good news.
the radar-less cars have better specification cameras now
Allegedly. I'll believe it when I see it. 😄

Reactions: SpaceCash
If you guys were in my shoes… Tesla destroyed my car in transport and could care less to make things right. I don’t even have a new delivery date for a replacement car. They just took my cash and there is no clear escalation path to get help. My options are below:

Buy a M3P demo car with 50-100 miles for the same price as new? Wait another two months or so for another M3P? Just be happy with my low mile BMW M4? Order the new BMW M3 CS?

If you guys were in my shoes… Tesla destroyed my car in transport and could care less to make things right. I don’t even have a new delivery date for a replacement car. They just took my cash and there is no clear escalation path to get help. My options are below:

Buy a M3P demo car with 50-100 miles for the same price as new? Wait another two months or so for another M3P? Just be happy with my low mile BMW M4? Order the new BMW M3 CS?
Are they adding FSD for free for you on the Demo (all demos have it) at the same price as your order, or did you order it w/ your original order? I'd at least go and see the Demo and see if it's up to your standards. I know it's an F'd up situation they've but you in but at least go check it out and see, face to face, if they can make some kind of accommodation for you, considering what you'e had to deal with.

What I would do (or think I would do) is wait until the end of June to see if they get a new car. I would not take the demo, especially without a discount. If a car is delivered by June 30th, and it was acceptable, I'd take it. If July 1 hits and no car, I'd probably be 50/50 on canceling and moving on and waiting. If I needed a car, I'd move on; but if I was not in immediate need, it would probably be a toss up. However, that is what I'd do without being upset about a mess around my delivery, which could easily make anyone act differently.

What I would do (or think I would do) is wait until the end of June to see if they get a new car. I would not take the demo, especially without a discount. If a car is delivered by June 30th, and it was acceptable, I'd take it. If July 1 hits and no car, I'd probably be 50/50 on canceling and moving on and waiting. If I needed a car, I'd move on; but if I was not in immediate need, it would probably be a toss up. However, that is what I'd do without being upset about a mess around my delivery, which could easily make anyone act differently.
The good news is that I don’t need a car. I am in agreement on the demo scenario since that’s like a slap in the face. I think it’s really just a matter of principle. I can easily wait another two months, but I don’t like doing business with a company that operates in this manner. I have already been told June is not going to happen given the orders in front of me. Crazy to think my situation would not trigger a priority escalation to ensure I am given a replacement car.

Are they adding FSD for free for you on the Demo (all demos have it) at the same price as your order, or did you order it w/ your original order? I'd at least go and see the Demo and see if it's up to your standards. I know it's an F'd up situation they've but you in but at least go check it out and see, face to face, if they can make some kind of accommodation for you, considering what you'e had to deal with.
I don’t know if the demo has FSD, but it’s worth at least asking. I know there is no interest in extending an olive branch to me. I just hate to take a demo car at full price because they cannot figure out how to load cars on a transport.

I don’t know if the demo has FSD, but it’s worth at least asking. I know there is no interest in extending an olive branch to me. I just hate to take a demo car at full price because they cannot figure out how to load cars on a transport.
Generally performance demo cars do have FSD. The ones I test drove did, the Y and the 3, idk if that'll persuade you although I personally think it's a good deal, IF it's given at a discount. ie. price without FSD

I am sure that's too generous of Tesla though.

Reactions: TBrownTX
According to the car order agreement -"If you have a concern or dispute, please send a written notice describing it and your desired resolution to [email protected]"

Have you tried sending an email to [email protected]?

I can totally understand your point of view. However, I would at least go have a look see, with a fine tooth comb and detectives mentality, infecting the demo. The way I see it, if they keep the FSD in the demo and the price is the same as what they've already taken from you, then just think of it as FSD for free. I do understand the principle of the situation is FUBAR but, If the car is not up to your spec, walk away and demand your money back, STAT!

Did you send them a notice to perform? I think sending that certified mail will get their attention quicker than trying to call them all the while being transferred around to oblivion.

Well said Rob, very well said even though I'm one of the worriers here. If I'm understanding the biggest gripes with all who have ordered or bought a Tesla, its the lack of communication and vagueness of the entire process leaving many wondering...."what do I do next?"

Hows the Charlotte area doing?, we just sold our Southpark home and moved to Naples 9 months ago, I assume you are working with Tesla on Independence
yea as you'd expect. ive texted and called and left messages. Not a peep from them, nothing. I am a little bothered that their help cant be bothered ,now at 6 days till delivery, to at least shoot me a text. I have set up June 15th 12pm but im waiting to give them my bank info for the gigantic down payment because it seems someone should call me. I understand I really do but come on I left a message to ask what should be a simple question (about making that payment) its been 4 days and nothing. I feel that the car will be fine and that this is due to demand and their end of quarter last minute shipping seems like spacing it out over a little bit would be better than "hey how many cars can we ship in one freaking month." really why ? They didnt make all these cars last night so what's the point in letting them sit in cali and shipping at the last minute.