Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For data, I rejected my M3P delivery today. Hood had a noticeable ding, one door wouldn't close unless slammed, paint chip on driver side door, large panel gaps on passenger side. SA said it will take up to 1-2 weeks to repair in future appt. No thanks.
Sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I rejected mine too. Horrible horrible build quality. I may order a Plaid as its showing much faster deliveries than the M3P. Ultimately wanted the M3P but the probabilities of a M3P meeting my expectations are ultra low.

Reactions: nyudoc04
Sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I rejected mine too. Horrible horrible build quality. I may order a Plaid as its showing much faster deliveries than the M3P. Ultimately wanted the M3P but the probabilities of a M3P meeting my expectations are ultra low.
Gulf, right there with you buddy. For both of our sake's - I hope the next VIN/deliver will be slightly better than the ones we had to reject. I came into the purchase already willing to make certain compromises but everyone has their comfort level. Not sure if it's the end of the quarter rush or we are both just unlucky. I would be mindful about the Plaid. There was an irate Plaid refresh owner at SC complaining about his car when I walked in - unsure what the issue was but his car had to be in the shop for a few days apparently.

Please let us know when you get your next VIN assigned if you decide to wait for another M3. My RN management still shows I can "accept delivery from June 26-29th". They told me it will probably be September yesterday for next delivery. Part of me wants to take it and "deal with it" but I'd holding firm for now.

I am not a picky car guy and the only thing I can tell with paint is when there is a chip/missing paint. We have a Lexus RX450 Hybrid and Audi S5 currently. When we took delivery, all I did was looked around for any noticeable dings/chips/curb rash (none) and made sure the doors/windows worked (they did). That was it. I don't think this is too much to ask for any new car purchase.

Here she is!!!
Finally, after a little confusion on my scheduled delivery method...pick up or drop off...I come outside of my house this morning at 10am and she was waiting for me in my driveway.
I was afraid that I’d be waiting around all day for it to show up, but to my surprise, without warnings of a call or text, she was right there.
Tesla drop-off driver was cool and seemed to take care to delivery her gently to me because she is flawless. No gaps, blips, smudges, scratches or imperfections. She is perfect.
Right away I went and took a nice spirited drive to get her legs warm and she responded perfectly. I couldn’t be more pleased.
Granted, getting to this point was certainly a PITA, but like others have experienced, once she’s in your clutches and all systems are a go, it’s hard to wipe that big, Kool Aid grin off your face. 😎😄

Cheers to everyone that’s received their Babies and to those still waiting, hang in there, your moment of bliss will soon arrive.

Attachments

• E2809ADD-58D9-4F8A-BF56-6502B0150BBF.jpeg
    E2809ADD-58D9-4F8A-BF56-6502B0150BBF.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 112
  • F6BA852E-D55D-4E25-AAE4-9A8130CDC162.jpeg
    F6BA852E-D55D-4E25-AAE4-9A8130CDC162.jpeg
    663.6 KB · Views: 94
Here she is!!!
Finally, after a little confusion on my scheduled delivery method...pick up or drop off...I come outside of my house this morning at 10am and she was waiting for me in my driveway.
I was afraid that I’d be waiting around all day for it to show up, but to my surprise, without warnings of a call or text, she was right there.
Tesla drop-off driver was cool and seemed to take care to delivery her gently to me because she is flawless. No gaps, blips, smudges, scratches or imperfections. She is perfect.
Right away I went and took a nice spirited drive to get her legs warm and she responded perfectly. I couldn’t be more pleased.
Granted, getting to this point was certainly a PITA, but like others have experienced, once she’s in your clutches and all systems are a go, it’s hard to wipe that big, Kool Aid grin off your face. 😎😄

Cheers to everyone that’s received their Babies and to those still waiting, hang in there, your moment of bliss will soon arrive.
She’s a beaut Clark!

you'll either get your car on 6/29 or 9/29. Those are really the only days they deliver to SoCal.
Those aren't the only days. Another person already received theirs, from the same exact delivery center as I, despite ordering nearly 3 weeks after me. Almost the same exact spec as mine, except their interior was Black and mine is White.

So, it is what it is at this point.

Those aren't the only days. Another person already received theirs, from the same exact delivery center as I, despite ordering nearly 3 weeks after me. Almost the same exact spec as mine, except their interior was Black and mine is White.

So, it is what it is at this point.

During The last batch, the white interiors were delivered after the black. I suspect they are produced in batches.

Tim

Reactions: JohnnyEV
Gulf, right there with you buddy. For both of our sake's - I hope the next VIN/deliver will be slightly better than the ones we had to reject. I came into the purchase already willing to make certain compromises but everyone has their comfort level. Not sure if it's the end of the quarter rush or we are both just unlucky. I would be mindful about the Plaid. There was an irate Plaid refresh owner at SC complaining about his car when I walked in - unsure what the issue was but his car had to be in the shop for a few days apparently.

Please let us know when you get your next VIN assigned if you decide to wait for another M3. My RN management still shows I can "accept delivery from June 26-29th". They told me it will probably be September yesterday for next delivery. Part of me wants to take it and "deal with it" but I'd holding firm for now.

I am not a picky car guy and the only thing I can tell with paint is when there is a chip/missing paint. We have a Lexus RX450 Hybrid and Audi S5 currently. When we took delivery, all I did was looked around for any noticeable dings/chips/curb rash (none) and made sure the doors/windows worked (they did). That was it. I don't think this is too much to ask for any new car purchase.
Hi nyudoc04 and the others that were aware of my past posts,

I ended up accepting delivery yesterday. Here's how it all transpired......

My sales person called me Saturday morning and said "come see the car before it rains and speak with our tech about the concerns". So I drove from Naples to Fort Myers and went over all the panel alignment issues with the tech who assured me they are totally correctable without any repaint, speaking of paint, I was able to inspect the paint finish quality because it wasn't raining and the paint finish was perfect, the interior was perfect so I went ahead and took delivery.

The team at Tesla Naples/Fort Myers were great.

What I gave thought to was if I decline this one who's to say the one that arrives in September is any better, it's literally a crap shoot. I also had this one already insured, they pulled my credit twice, I didn't want my credit pulled again in a few months. And the BIGGIE, I have been paying Avis $933/month for a Camry rental since I sold my Audi SQ5 and ordered the M3P...

I hope my decisions and thinking work out🙏🤞

My sales person called me Saturday morning and said "come see the car before it rains and speak with our tech about the concerns". So I drove from Naples to Fort Myers and went over all the panel alignment issues with the tech who assured me they are totally correctable without any repaint, speaking of paint, I was able to inspect the paint finish quality because it wasn't raining and the paint finish was perfect, the interior was perfect so I went ahead and took delivery.

What I gave thought to was if I decline this one who's to say the one that arrives in September is any better, it's literally a crap shoot. I also had this one already insured, they pulled my credit twice, I didn't want my credit pulled again in a few months. And the BIGGIE, I have been paying Avis $933/month for a Camry rental since I sold my Audi SQ5 and ordered the M3P...

Super happy for you that this worked out. You are absolutely right about the 2nd one being a crap shoot. If I was in your situation, I would have done the same. Congratulations!!!

Congrats.

So now the real question: How are you enjoying driving it?

Amazing weather, 80s sunny, here in Charlotte….perfect easy delivery….im insane picky….this is my 59th car in my 54 years…..absolutely perfect, red paint perfect, gaps perfect, interior perfect, had a rattle in pass front door on way home…..found it to be seat belt tapping trim….repositioned, perfect…..not a spot anywhere, wheels perfect….I saw a bunch of questions on inclusions……carpeted mats included, chrome model 3 plate frame included…..referral supercharger miles, we’re in my app instantly, although expire 12/25/21……didn’t think they expire?…..my old S never had a worry….app hooked right up on the spot, there is some trial for some fad functions, and of course 1yr premium connectivity included…..simply friggin awesome!…..every schedule met, every time frame met…..
scheduled for mobile home link install on July 2…..reasonable time frame for sure….❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Couple updates for yall,,,

Attachments

• FDF6B198-20C3-4ED0-88DA-CA095BD29910.jpeg
    FDF6B198-20C3-4ED0-88DA-CA095BD29910.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 9B336FB9-2646-4D12-B274-F6F3A2DF80B7.jpeg
    9B336FB9-2646-4D12-B274-F6F3A2DF80B7.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 588FD8E6-67F3-4F27-A707-416B451BC723.jpeg
    588FD8E6-67F3-4F27-A707-416B451BC723.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 7C0EC681-8A48-4599-824B-2CB8F16C13A6.jpeg