Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there I am sitting on a conference call when a text comes through from a number I do not recognize. I grab my phone and, sure enough, it is the VIN assignment text! I immediately open the app and am greeted with the "we are making changes to your account" message. So I log into my account on my computer and am prompted with the Vision Agreement.

Now I see my VIN in my account but it is not yet showing in the app. Further, my EDD is still sitting at Jan 17 - Feb 14. Anyone know when I might see the VIN in the app and see the EDD change?
Ok, I should have waited to ask these questions. The VIN showed up in the app after about an hour and my EDD has changed to Dec 25-28. I believe the next step is for Tesla to contact me to schedule the actual delivery.

It’s perfect everyone. No gaps, no fit and finish issues, no paint issues. Absolutely leagues ahead of my M3LR from 2020, feels like it was built by a new company entirely. I’m not even sure I need to schedule service for anything at all 😭🥺

Attachments

• 63C81B04-BCFE-48F5-9276-7A8765D0A901.jpeg
    63C81B04-BCFE-48F5-9276-7A8765D0A901.jpeg
    929.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 9F3E8236-733C-42B8-9C2C-94E44198B680.jpeg
    9F3E8236-733C-42B8-9C2C-94E44198B680.jpeg
    799.3 KB · Views: 70
Come with the usb?
Yes! Forgot to mention that. All 4. I'm in love w the wireless charging most though.

She's in the shop getting ppf and tint. The tech looked the car over in great detail and said a couple of the panel gap issues (frunk is pretty bad) but said they (Tesla) likely wouldn't fix it. It's not crazy noticeable, but definitely the first thing we both saw.

Reactions: The Meal
Still no VIN here in Southern California. Red/black with 11/17 order date. I think I'm the only so cal guy in this thread who ordered as early as I did but is still waiting. EDD is still 12/24 - 12/31.
I'm still waiting for a VIN too. Orderer 10/27 and my window is 12/22-12/31 I'm assuming they're going to change it to your same window when they update tomorrow lol.

Reactions: LTN17
I believe they release it when you haver met all requirements and accept delivery on the app. The touchless delivery option they gave me specifically said I do not have to be present when the car arrives and there is a box for instructions (i.e. put it in the driveway or whatever specifics are needed for your situation). The keys and other material will be inside the car, which you will unlock using the app.
So when is the car considered "delivered"? When they drop it in the driveway or when you hit accept in the app? What if it sits in the driveway and I don't get home till a couple days later. Who's respobsibility is it if the car gets vandalised or dmaged

So I had the conversation with Tesla. I received my vin and vision agreement. I received the text to schedule. My days to pick are Dec 27, 28, 29. I told my SA I would be out of town for the holidays. We texted back and forth for a bit and I ended up on the phone with the delivery center where I’m supposed to pick the car up. Bottom line, they didn’t budge. They said 3 days to pickup or they will have to unmatch me. I will be placed back into queue in the front. The matching process is supposed to go by order date and mine is 10/7. They claim the wait will be brief if I can’t pick up by my last delivery day. They had me choose the furthest date just in case I find a way to arrange pickup. They also said to call back daily to see if anything changes on policy and to check if they can get approval to keep the car at the delivery center until I can get it. I said I could arrange to pick it up Jan 1 when they open (Saturday). They’re closed for the New Year’s Day. So I said I can be there the next business day they have when they open. Still a no and they said I would have to unmatch. Sucks to wait 75 days (time from order to now) and will be 84 days on Dec 29 and Tesla won’t keep my car at the delivery center for 2 business days. I’ve had 7 delivery windows to juggle. I had to make holiday plans. Then bam, delivery text happens. Seems like poor customer service. I’ll be calling trying to arrange this 2 day stay over.