Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I texted back to Tesla to confirm my home delivery is still happening tomorrow (1/28) so I can go to the bank today and get a cashier's check for the down payment. I receive a text back with my delivery information, date, and time so I head to the bank to get the check...

A couple hours later I receive a text saying;

"Tesla Delivery Update: It looks like your vehicle may be delayed for your delivery tomorrow. Your appointment will remain tentative until later today. We will contact you with an update. In the event the vehicle is indeed ready, does 1/28 still work for you? Reply YES or NO."

Of course I reply "YES" and they reply saying, "Thank you for replying! We will contact you with an update shortly!"

I'm not expecting the car to be delivered tomorrow anymore... 😝

Hmm. Maybe white interior M3Ps are bogged down. Maybe it's on the rarer side of things so they're just letting us starve while people with more popular configs get their cars? It doesn't make sense for our EDDs to be the same if I ordered a car a month and a half earlier than you. Are you east coast?
I am east coast and my car EDD has never moved since order. 12/27 order. Been 2/6-3/6 since. White / Black / No FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I texted back to Tesla to confirm my home delivery is still happening tomorrow (1/28) so I can go to the bank today and get a cashier's check for the down payment. I receive a text back with my delivery information, date, and time so I head to the bank to get the check...

"Tesla Delivery Update: It looks like your vehicle may be delayed for your delivery tomorrow. Your appointment will remain tentative until later today. We will contact you with an update. In the event the vehicle is indeed ready, does 1/28 still work for you? Reply YES or NO."

Of course I reply "YES" and they reply saying, "Thank you for replying! We will contact you with an update shortly!"

Oh well lololol

Reactions: sTuKat and CreoUCLA
Hmm. Maybe white interior M3Ps are bogged down. Maybe it's on the rarer side of things so they're just letting us starve while people with more popular configs get their cars? It doesn't make sense for our EDDs to be the same if I ordered a car a month and a half earlier than you. Are you east coast?
Yes, I am in CT with delivery in NY (CT is one of those states where local dealerships are going all out to save themselves) about 1.5 hours from my location. I wish I had some helpful suggestions for you and potentially me :).

Reactions: Doggiedog
Yes, I am in CT with delivery in NY (CT is one of those states where local dealerships are going all out to save themselves) about 1.5 hours from my location. IU wish I had some helpful suggestions for you and potentially me :).
Yeah I remember that, I had a job in Bloomfield and I went to test drive a Porsche in Hartford because there were no Tesla dealerships anywhere lol
I hate leaving things to hope, and I hate having no ability to do anything more than wait. And not knowing anything more than they tell you is the worst thing ever. But here's to hoping, I guess...

Reactions: sTuKat and eakrish

Might be related to the hold on M3's deliveries - due to a firmware upgrade related to the heat pumps "supposedly". Several people on Reddit mentioned this. I'd assume the service center is going to be busy doing that to all incoming deliveries.

I guess one person's service center didn't let anyone picking up today know - so there are 8 people sitting around the dealership expecting to pick their car up.

Reactions: CreoUCLA
Might be related to the hold on M3's deliveries - due to a firmware upgrade related to the heat pumps "supposedly". Several people on Reddit mentioned this. I'd assume the service center is going to be busy doing that to all incoming deliveries.

I guess one person's service center didn't let anyone picking up today know - so there are 8 people sitting around the dealership expecting to pick their car up.

If that's the reason, hopefully they can get through updating all of the incoming cars quickly. 🤞

Fortunately I work from home and I have access to another car, so even if there is a slight delay, it won't be the end of the world for me... My wife, on the other hand, seems to be pretty annoyed with the whole Tesla ordering "process" for some reason (and this isn't even her car). 😅

915AFF03-BF8F-42DD-9C95-B81C35B4A08E.jpeg