Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been wondering the same thing since my car is undoubtedly traveling through TX on the way to FL. Delivery still holding at 2/13. I have been in communication with my SA but did not ask specifically about the recent weather. We did discuss moving up the date if it shows early since I have competed everything. I am interested to find out if you pick up tomorrow. We ordered and received our VINs on the same day, same color, etc.
I'm wondering that as well. So far still shows the 12th but holding out hope it might come earlier since I have completed all steps.

Reactions: BluewaterFL
I financed so it’s not that 😅
Ha Ha, thought so......They stand to make more money off of financing than cash.
They don't like the rare colors, since those lead to smaller batches. There are ten ways to order a M3P (five colors times two interior colors, FSD is software and can be added outside the manufacturing line). There are twenty ways to order a LR (5 colors, 2 interiors, plus 2 wheel options) and similarly twenty ways to order an SR+.

I speculate they try to batch things to make it simpler, so one day they'll make a zillion gray/white/aero LRs. It might take a while until they have enough Red/white M3P orders to turn out a batch of them, but it seems that exact combo just happened, since I've recently seen three deliveries and mine is this weekend. When they do fire up the paint booths for red Ps, they round out whatever size their batch is with LR and RWD red orders.

There are sometimes some odd-seeming line-cutters, where an RWD will shoot out wildly early, which is likely the result of an order cancelation or delivery rejection or rounding out a batch at the factory.

I doubt cash versus finance matters to them, since arranging financing takes minutes/days (so why would they care) and they have zero trouble selling your car to the next person If you cannot get your loan in the final days before your delivery.
I figured it would be in batches of color. Looking at the increased cost of blue or red, my guess is they would make priority of getting them out quicker. Guess not. I don't see many blues on the road and there are a lot of Tesla's in the Phoenix area. So yeah.....everyone order blue, I want my car ;):p
As far as cash vs financing. In the auto world, most dealerships tend to do better on trade ins or better pricing off of MSRP for financed vehicles, especially if you use their financing. In the end they make more money with interest. In todays world, with such low inventory, all bets are off.

Reactions: nval29
I ordered mine on 1/25 MSM on white and my original EDD is 2/14-3/14 and hasn't changed i'm from LA as well the waiting process is a mind game
so ive movement now - ordered 1.19 for an original 2/20 to 3/20 window here in la, now its 2.08 to 3.08 window.

Anyone have a black on black m3p on order?

Ordered 1/15
No movement on edd 2/25-3/25

Seems this color combo is not super common in this forum.

Black Black No FSD M3P
OD: 1/31
EDD as of 1/31: 2/26-3/26 Las Vegas
EDD as of 2/5: 2/14-3/14

the trick guys is not to check your apps or this space every day -- it makes the process move quicker! 🤡

example -- ive been in this section once day since i ordered my car with no movement on the delivery date range. so when i dont log in or check the order page for a couple days -- boom goes the dynamite -- i get movement on my date range.

anyway, black/black model 3p 20s fsd in los angeles.

order date -- 1.19 for "eta of march"
next day 1.20 -- date range - 2.20 to 3.20
stayed that way until yesterday i guess (didnt check the order page in a couple days, hence my above post)
new date range is 2.08 to 3. 08.

i expect to get my car in 3 weeks or less!

I’d love to, where can I get comparisons? Lmk what to do, this is my first tesla

theres no change. ive a march build 2020 3p with 20s and my ride height is the same as a newer 22 3p. i think that discussion has been already determined here. maybe tesla changed the springs so they are firmer (speculation on my part) on these vehicles now so maybe thats why the lowered description was removed? that is all speculation on my part but unscientifically my 2020 car is the same as the new ones.

so ive movement now - ordered 1.19 for an original 2/20 to 3/20 window here in la, now its 2.08 to 3.08 window.

the trick guys is not to check your apps or this space every day -- it makes the process move quicker! 🤡

example -- ive been in this section once day since i ordered my car with no movement on the delivery date range. so when i dont log in or check the order page for a couple days -- boom goes the dynamite -- i get movement on my date range.

stayed that way until yesterday i guess (didnt check the order page in a couple days, hence my above post)

theres no change. ive a march build 2020 3p with 20s and my ride height is the same as a newer 22 3p. i think that discussion has been already determined here. maybe tesla changed the springs so they are firmer (speculation on my part) on these vehicles now so maybe thats why the lowered description was removed? that is all speculation on my part but unscientifically my 2020 car is the same as the new ones.
Do me a favor and measure the gap between fender and top of tire on yours?

Let me know when you get a VIN hopefully you hear back soon

That makes sense for my timing. Im in NY with the same exact build and still at 2/25-3/25.

Keep us posted when you get a vin and a narrowed date!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Just got this text does this mean i’m close to receiving my vin?
28FF68A8-5188-43B1-BE38-38C9CCF0C95D.png