Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this text does this mean i’m close to receiving my vin?
View attachment 765593
I received that same text on 1/10/2022 and contacted my SA directly to tell him that I didn't plan to trade. Later that day, I received another text asking for my current tag number so it could be transferred to the new car. I didn't receive my VIN until 1/30/2022. Your VIN could come quicker because there seemed to be a dead period in early January when no VINs were going out. That's not the case now.

Reactions: Alex Oliyai
whelp... I just rejected delivery on a red/white M3P. Panel gaps, a couple things sticking out too far, chip in the roof glass, some scratches and minor paint defects. Hopefully it won't take long to get a replacement. Risen MCU though, if anyone is still asking. Where in the GUI would the heated windshield wiper button be? I couldn't find it, and don't think I had it, but maybe for next time...
Damn... I feel your pain broseph.... stay strong✊

• Disagree
Reactions: 1windy
I received that same text on 1/10/2022 and contacted my SA directly to tell him that I didn't plan to trade. Later that day, I received another text asking for my current tag number so it could be transferred to the new car. I didn't receive my VIN until 1/30/2022. Your VIN could come quicker because there seemed to be a dead period in early January when no VINs were going out. That's not the case now.
My EDD is feb 14-march 14 I am hoping to get the car in mid to late Feb. I am seeing a lot of people that ordered in early Jan not getting their vins until now so I don't know

M3P Blue/White no FSD
OD: 01/28
EDD: 3/11-3/31
EDD2: 02/18-03/18
Mt Kisko, NY

quite a difference for six days of order placement
web page still showing March delivery
Yeah. I went to sleep after placing an order at the showroom riding high with "March" and woke up to "May." Whomp whomp.

It’s especially challenging because the motor in my Macan S grenaded itself last week so I’m writing it off and paying a premium to rent a Camry month to month.

Yeah. I went to sleep after placing an order at the showroom riding high with "March" and woke up to "May." Whomp whomp.

It’s especially challenging because the motor in my Macan S grenaded itself last week so I’m writing it off and paying a premium to rent a Camry month to month.
I legit am doing the same thing lol. But my rental Camry died yesterday… now I’m in a rental Versa

Last edited:
Luck is a crazy thing. My modified 2005 Corvette engine seized up an opportunity opened up. The rest is history. 🙂
After spending $10k in maintenance and repairs in 2.5 years/13k miles and then quoted $45k for a new Macan S motor, I am so ready to leave ICE permanently in the rearview at this point. Although, I think I will miss that exhaust sound.

After spending $10k in maintenance and repairs in 2.5 years/13k miles and then quoted $45k for a new Macan S motor, I am so ready to leave ICE permanently in the rearview at this point. Although, I think I will miss that exhaust sound.
Im driving a 2009 Ice, since I Sold my model 3 and capitalized on the market right now and I cannot wait for my M3P to come in, going to fill up really sucks, same with the power delivery.

First post. I’m currently driving an MK5 Supra and a Wrangler 4XE (PHEV). I used to drive a lot and have a wife and 3 kids (wife has a minivan). Changed jobs in September and I’m work from home exclusively and no longer have the daily commute. When I am driving I usually have a couple of kids with me so the Supra is collecting dust. Decided to sell the Supra and Wrangler and buy a Model 3 Performance (Midnight Silver Metallic).

Submitted my deposit and they claim March delivery to Mt Kisco, NY (closest delivery for CT).

I registered online and entered the trade in info but did not submit for financing yet as I don’t want them to run my credit multiple times. Anything I’m missing? Just wait for VIN at this point?

Reactions: Sporty