Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was driving me crazy luckily moving the seat forward slightly resolved it.
No, but there’s what sounds like a little ball bearing or something metallic rolling around in the passenger seat. Everything I accelerate or brake, I heard it either roll forward or backward. And some creaking too. Just got the car a little more than a week ago and this is driving me insane. Anyone experience this or know what it could be?

No, but there’s what sounds like a little ball bearing or something metallic rolling around in the passenger seat. Everything I accelerate or brake, I heard it either roll forward or backward. And some creaking too. Just got the car a little more than a week ago and this is driving me insane. Anyone experience this or know what it could be?
Might be the top fixing of seat belt i've seen people experience this issue. Have you contacted your SA?

Crazy how a 60k plus car has build and manufacturing issues but that's Tesla in a nutshell
Yes and although I had some issues with my previous Lexus too ( breaks would make strange noises when car was started , Rotors needed replacing way too soon ).

I’m general though I look at it as : you be paying the same as a Lexus or BMW but you are getting a lot of other things for that extra cash 🤷‍♂️

I changed my order from a LR to Performance today. Original order date was 12/28 and have had an EDD 2/24-3/24 since. Chatting with SA they say I should expect the performance 1-2wk earlier than my original order. Hope so! My wife will be delighted to know that I upgraded my car for Valentine's Day.

Reactions: CSWhite
Correct, ordered on 2/5 and got a vin on 2/9. Just scheduled delivery for 2/19 in Tampa, FL. Apparently, my M3P was built on 2/1 and got matched to me shortly after my order. My original EDD was 2/28-3/28, but got matched early (and no, my currently matched car was not refused by someone else, Tesla confirmed I am the first match).

3 main things I am wanting are: 1) AMD Ryzen chip, 2) Li-ion low voltage battery, and 3) laminated rear door glass. Still debating if I should accept delivery if it doesn't have all 3 of these. If I refuse delivery, I get put back into the queue for another configuration match.
You can pretty much tell by the VIN if it will have the AMD chip, and all the cars with the AMD chip have the new battery. VIN beginning with 16 and 17 have the new AMD chip.

My OD was 1/25 as well. MSM/Black Interior. EDD 2/13-3/14. Hasn’t changed once since I ordered. Hoping to get some movement here soon. I am in the Bay Area.

I got a call from Tesla last night to ask if I have a trade in, but they couldn’t answer any questions.
If you have any tasks that are not completed it can cause your order to be stuck in an "uncompleted" status according to my service advisor. For example, I had a trade it but I had not accepted the offer from Tesla because I thought I could get more from Vroom. however, I didn't want to just cancel the offer from Tesla in case Vroom offer fell through. The service guy told me that might be delaying my delivery date so I took the trade-in off. Low and behold my delivery date moved up a bit.

Reactions: Dougweber82