Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P Silver Ext. White Int. (Considering switching to black or red after seeing silver in person)
OD: March 3
EDD: May 10 - June 7 to Florida
Current Vehicle: 2019 Honda Civic EX
First Time Tesla Owner

Spoke with SA (1 hour hold in queue):
  • Trade In
    • Even if you accept the offer you are not committed and can back out if you sell privately
    • If you trade in your car, sales tax is not applied to the trade in value portion that is deducted from vehicle cost
  • Set payment to cash, if you change your mind let them know once you get your VIN
  • April maybe, May solid on his guess for delivery timing per EDD
  • Changing color
    • Now is the time to do so, probably won't affect delivery timing within first week of OD
    • Delivery timing is based off of vehicle configuration, so just all depends on supply/demand

Reactions: Nick65
M3P Silver Ext. White Int. (Considering switching to black or red after seeing silver in person)
OD: March 3
EDD: May 10 - June 7 to Florida
Current Vehicle: 2019 Honda Civic EX
First Time Tesla Owner

Spoke with SA (1 hour hold in queue):
  • Trade In
    • Even if you accept the offer you are not committed and can back out if you sell privately
    • If you trade in your car, sales tax is not applied to the trade in value portion that is deducted from vehicle cost
  • Set payment to cash, if you change your mind let them know once you get your VIN
  • April maybe, May solid on his guess for delivery timing per EDD
  • Changing color
    • Now is the time to do so, probably won't affect delivery timing within first week of OD
    • Delivery timing is based off of vehicle configuration, so just all depends on supply/demand
My state doesn't do the sales tax credit thing like Florida does (some states do, many don't). Even in states where they do, it might still be more beneficial to sell it elsewhere. For example, Tesla's offer for me was $4k less than the kbb.com offer, and that's more than my entire tax bill. So even if my state allowed the deduction, I'd have netted more selling outright and paying full tax. I recommend folks get offers from carman, caravan, vroom, KBB.com, webuyanycar.com, showmythevin, etc. etc. and see which is higher for you, your trade-in, and your local area. Different scenarios have shown each to be the highest sometimes but never always. Good luck

Reactions: jessepotter
Now I have a final date of 3/10/22 and a pickup time of 1000 on 3/11!!! So stoked that it is less than a week away! I really hope that there are all seasons on the 20's as I drive over a mountain pass twice a week for work, and this late in the year that will work just fine and take me into summer until my Marian 18's get here.
My fingers also crossed for all seasons, though I've only heard one report of an M3P coming with them, so who knows if that was an error or freak anomaly somehow.

I’ve been dragging my feet on this purchase, but finally ready to take delivery since Covid is winding down and we’re returning to the office in April.
OD 12/2/21
Profile complete: 2/27
EDD 2/28-3/8
EDD 3/6-3/31
EDD 3/8-3/18
Seems like the 10 day window is a good sign!
it'll drop to a 5-day window, then you'll get a VIN, then a few days later a 3-day delivery scheduling message. So, progress. fingers crossed.

• Informative
Reactions: speedy7 and Rodney!
Woke up to better news this morning ;) Got a VIN issued w/ a DD of March 26th! Woooo! Looks like they’re pushing for Q1 delivery numbers.
Anyone know how to lookup the details of your VIN? e.g., which factory it was built in, Ryzen chip, 12v battery type, etc?
all North America 3's are currently built in Fremont, CA. There's zero chance you won't get the Ryzen and new battery. If you must know, call the main number (not your SA). The main number folks can review your "build sheet."

If you really want to decode your VIN, try this: How To Identify A Tesla's Origin: Check Out The 2022 Model Year VIN Decoder

I had an SA assigned right when I bought my current M3P but nobody has reached out me on the 2022 order. Did you guys have to seek out the SA or did they proactively reach out to you?
most will ghost (you). The only time you'll hear from anyone is ~7-10 before they build your car, they'll call or text about your trade-in, and ~3-6 after it's build they'll text you a link to schedule your delivery. They might call the day before your delivery, and then on the day of, you'll get some texts and maybe a call, none will be from your assigned SA.

most will ghost (you). The only time you'll hear from anyone is ~7-10 before they build your car, they'll call or text about your trade-in, and ~3-6 after it's build they'll text you a link to schedule your delivery. They might call the day before your delivery, and then on the day of, you'll get some texts and maybe a call, none will be from your assigned SA.
There really is no consistency. Mine was so different. Original edd 2/28-3/28. Once i hit 3/1 my edd changed to 3/17-3/31. Then on 3/2 i got my vin and edd narrowed to 3/16-3/19. Uploaded insurance. Then on 3/4 i got the schedule your delivery text. Scheduled for 3/15 pickup. Then got a text on 3/7 asking if i had a trade in(first time they asked about trade in). A lot depends on your local SA and how they do things. Im sure every state with there different laws probably affect these processes as well. Im in NY.

Its very frustrating. To have no feedback from Tesla during the process. Get within 9 days of delivery and then get pushed out by 2 months. Im seriously considering canceling my order. I didn’t order a car to wait 5-6 months for delivery. Sorry…
it is frustrating, i agree. Tesla currently has got us by the pelotas, so if you want one you are at their mercy... :(

Its very frustrating. To have no feedback from Tesla during the process. Get within 9 days of delivery and then get pushed out by 2 months. Im seriously considering canceling my order. I didn’t order a car to wait 5-6 months for delivery. Sorry…
I understand it’s frustrating but it’s the best car i’ve ever owned(coming from a 991.2 porsche 911 and BMW M4) and with these crazy gas prices you’d be crazy to not wait. Try to be as patient as possible and obsessing over your VIN/Delivery dates is going to make your life shitty. I ended up waiting a little under month for M3P and I love the car it does everything, but ya the lack of transparency during the delivery process is annoying. Good luck

Reactions: Lindenwood
I understand it’s frustrating but it’s the best car i’ve ever owned(coming from a 991.2 porsche 911 and BMW M4) and with these crazy gas prices you’d be crazy to not wait. Try to be as patient as possible and obsessing over your VIN/Delivery dates is going to make your life shitty. I ended up waiting a little under month for M3P and I love the car it does everything, but ya the lack of transparency during the delivery process is annoying. Good luck

To piggy back off of Alex, the rest of the automotive world is turned upside down right now. I was at a Toyota dealership this past weekend that had three (THREE!) new cars on the lot. We recently purchased a new Yukon XL and we thought about ordering, but GM dealers have no idea when orders will be accepted, let alone fulfilled. Options are being cut left and right with no rhyme or reason and dealerships are adding market adjustments of $5-15k over MSRP. If we get our M3P within the indicated 2-3 months, I'll be ecstatic given the current state of the world.

Posting for the first time as this rollercoaster of patience is winding down.

M3P, Red/Black, no FSD
OD: 1/25/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2 (1/30): April 25 - May 25
EDD3 (2/1): Mar 7 - Mar 25
EDD4 (2/18): Feb 25 - Mar 25
(2/20): Trade in text
EDD5 (2/22): Mar 7 - Mar 17
(2/23): VIN Assigned
I immediately secured insurance and uploaded insurance info. I called Tesla around 6PM my time to see if there was anything else needed, they said no. I asked if I can secure a pickup date. Surprisingly he said yes and locked me in.

Dealt with Zach at the Mt Kisco store for the final stretch. I had a couple of hiccups with my insurance that Zach straightened out for me right away. Zach was very sympathetic and understanding of my crippling anxiety. He patiently stayed on the phone while I got things straightened out with my insurance company. He truly went above and beyond. He is an amazing human being, and was genuinely happy for me and my family when we got the car. He hugged me and told me he’d always be there for me any time I needed him. Other SA‘s didn’t answer, gave me the cold shoulder, acted annoyed when I called. Zach was not only prompt and and accommodating, he made sure I was comfortable and at ease every step of the way. I hope people at Tesla see this. Zach at Mt. Kisco is the reason I ordered a Model Y for my wife today. i was going to try another brand since other SA’s left a bad taste in my mouth. Zach earned Tesla another sale, and kept me in the Tesla family. He truly loves and believes in the company. But, more importantly, he really loves his relationships with his customers. As a business owner In the automotive repair world, I can’t stress enough how important customer service and communication is. I’d do anything to have a crew of guys like him working for me. Tesla needs to recognize people like Zach, and do whatever it takes to keep him happy. I’ll be sure to get Zach the recognition he deserves. If you’re picking up a vehicle from the Mt. Kisco location, ASK ZACH!!!

Picked her up Tuesday March 8, 2022
Mt Kisco, NY
FD6DC07B-CEDD-4119-B046-323122F7EAC5.jpeg
78D75144-D76A-4731-A1EC-FC0D1612FEF6.jpeg

Posting for the first time as this rollercoaster of patience is winding down.

M3P, Red/Black, no FSD
OD: 1/25/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2 (1/30): April 25 - May 25
EDD3 (2/1): Mar 7 - Mar 25
EDD4 (2/18): Feb 25 - Mar 25
(2/20): Trade in text
EDD5 (2/22): Mar 7 - Mar 17
(2/23): VIN Assigned
I immediately secured insurance and uploaded insurance info. I called Tesla around 6PM my time to see if there was anything else needed, they said no. I asked if I can secure a pickup date. Surprisingly he said yes and locked me in.

Dealt with Zach at the Mt Kisco store for the final stretch. I had a couple of hiccups with my insurance that Zach straightened out for me right away. Zach was very sympathetic and understanding of my crippling anxiety. He patiently stayed on the phone while I got things straightened out with my insurance company. He truly went above and beyond. He is an amazing human being, and was genuinely happy for me and my family when we got the car. He hugged me and told me he’d always be there for me any time I needed him. Other SA‘s didn’t answer, gave me the cold shoulder, acted annoyed when I called. Zach was not only prompt and and accommodating, he made sure I was comfortable and at ease every step of the way. I hope people at Tesla see this. Zach at Mt. Kisco is the reason I ordered a Model Y for my wife today. i was going to try another brand since other SA’s left a bad taste in my mouth. Zach earned Tesla another sale, and kept me in the Tesla family. He truly loves and believes in the company. But, more importantly, he really loves his relationships with his customers. As a business owner In the automotive repair world, I can’t stress enough how important customer service and communication is. I’d do anything to have a crew of guys like him working for me. Tesla needs to recognize people like Zach, and do whatever it takes to keep him happy. I’ll be sure to get Zach the recognition he deserves. If you’re picking up a vehicle from the Mt. Kisco location, ASK ZACH!!!

Picked her up Tuesday March 8, 2022
Mt Kisco, NYView attachment 778919View attachment 778920
That looks bad ass

Reactions: Mec0902