Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A buddy of mine has been assigned a VIN and is debating if he should take delivery and resell. His price is $5k less then the current price. He also has an electric BWM on order. Wasn’t sure if model 3's are as hot as Model Y's right now in the resale market.
5k less? When did he order?

And i am not a big fan of people selling their reservations for more then the $250 it cost them. Greed is gross. If you don't want it, back out and let someone else get the car earlier then they expected...

A buddy of mine has been assigned a VIN and is debating if he should take delivery and resell. His price is $5k less then the current price. He also has an electric BWM on order. Wasn’t sure if model 3's are as hot as Model Y's right now in the resale market.
With so many "honest" ways to make money, I just can't see reselling (scalping) an in-demand item as something that's really worth it in the long run. He can do what he wants, though. It's only him he'll keep up at night.

So get this, just got a text that my VIN has been created and my pickup date is 3/17-21. I ordered my M3P on 3/2, a 2 week turnaround! I called the Tesla SA and told him I could not take it yet, he said they are pushing a bunch of M3P's out for end of quarter. He put my order on hold till 4/3 at which point I will be put back into the queue, which he guessed would be 2-3 weeks later for delivery.

Reactions: Nick65 and Tony_YYZ
So get this, just got a text that my VIN has been created and my pickup date is 3/17-21. I ordered my M3P on 3/2, a 2 week turnaround!

Just got my VIN...

OD: 3/6/22. Originally ordered LR
3/12/22 - Changed my LR to Performance
Received VIN delivery showing March 17-21.
ok, i need to move. I guess Tesla ain't care about states other then Cali... 🤬

Or do you guys have a subscription to Tesla Prime? Must be nice to click the same day delivery option... 🤣😂🤣

Eskimo Brothers!

Are you taking the car or pushing it out?
I’m taking it. A bit of a mad dash to sell my current car (2018 Subaru STI). And try to figure out delivery because I’m working the day they said it would be ready. Stoked and nervous. I’ve never owned an automatic car so this will be an interesting curve for my left foot.

I’m taking it. A bit of a mad dash to sell my current car (2018 Subaru STI). And try to figure out delivery because I’m working the day they said it would be ready. Stoked and nervous. I’ve never owned an automatic car so this will be an interesting curve for my left foot.

If you really want to wait ill gladly take it the M3P, we have the same order (White M3P black interior no FSD) lol. You can have mine when its ready OD: 2/28 Im in Cali too. LOL just putting it out there bro lol

You can always finance through Tesla (or someone else that's quick) then refinance through DCU. DCU's rates are the same for both new loans and refinancing.
Any idea if I can just pay cash and refinance with DCU later? Not sure that it’s possible to “refinance” a vehicle that was never financed, but…

Anyway, I applied to open the DCU account at 7AM on Tuesday and it’s currently Thursday night - I’ve heard zero. It’s looking like DCU isn’t going to get it together before my delivery on Saturday. Kinda a bummer - borrowing money at 1.25% is a no brainer. Fingers crossed it starts moving tomorrow though.

OD: Feb 18
EDD website: March
EDD (Feb 19): June 13 - July 11
EDD (Feb 25): April 25 - May 23
M3P, MSM, White, no FSD, Cash, no trade, Atlanta area

It has now been a month since I ordered. I'm just posting to show I have not received an update at all in three weeks.

Meanwhile, numerous people with the same configuration have received the vehicle or have delivery dates this month.

The only logical explanation I have for this is that Tesla hates me as a person. Are there any people left who ordered before me and have not received a delivery date?

I had the charger installed yesterday by an electrician so now I can stare at it every day until I have a car.

I wouldn't be so salty about it if they gave accurate estimated delivery windows when ordering the vehicle. Wouldn't it make more sense to give a conservative estimate and then exceed expectations?

It has now been a month since I ordered. I'm just posting to show I have not received an update at all in three weeks.

Meanwhile, numerous people with the same configuration have received the vehicle or have delivery dates this month.

The only logical explanation I have for this is that Tesla hates me as a person. Are there any people left who ordered before me and have not received a delivery date?

I had the charger installed yesterday by an electrician so now I can stare at it every day until I have a car.

I wouldn't be so salty about it if they gave accurate estimated delivery windows when ordering the vehicle. Wouldn't it make more sense to give a conservative estimate and then exceed expectations?
I'm in the same boat. Literally no change since a day after ordering. I assume if anyone doesn't have a VIN today then they missed the window for Tesla rushing deliveries out to meet the Q1 numbers.

M3P, Midnight Silver/Black, no FSD
Pickup location: Houston
OD: 2/12/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2 (2/13/22): April 18 - May 16

Same here, no acitivity for the past month. Tesla hates me too... :p I ordered a day after you, yet I have an EDD of May 7th - June 4th. We are both east coast, so similar distance from Freemont. It seems that those who get the quickly are in Cali, so in theory no shipment across the country needed, so faster ETA? But I don't follow the logic of making a Cali car VIN that was ordered a month after a east coast car. #noidea

I have my charger in my living room, and have not pulled the trigger on the $500 worth of cable i need to install it. I am going to wait till i get a vin, before taking that plunge.