Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told it’s in IL at the rail station waiting for transport.
I've heard those fellas at the Illinois rail station like to have a good time while they're waiting for the next train. 😲

tm3b.png

***UPDATE EVERYONE***
Timeline my M3P bday is 4/18 , delivered to so cal 4/21 , vin assigned 4/25 and still no delivery option., I spoke to the sales rep she said that my vehicle is awaiting a software update to be pushed before it can be inspected and released to select a delivery date . To me this makes no sense as she confirmed there is no hardware issue it’s a software thing and she wasn’t able to answer much more. I then called another tesla dealer 200 miles north in Cali and he pulled up my account and said over the last 2 weeks this is a tesla wide issue on ALL MODELS but they have not been given much insight from management. He confirmed it’s not a issue of waiting on parts it’s just a software update … I’m still puzzled and confused cause wouldn’t you think tesla would prioritize vehicles that just came in so they could clear them off their lots ??? Has anyone else heard similar ?? I recommend others calling their delivery center and seeing if we can gather more Intell on this apparent “ software update “ please share if you call 🏎

Anybody run in to trouble trying to get insurance for a vehicle you don't have yet? State farm asked how long the vehicle has been insured and you can't select 0 months and then to select the last insurance you had if you never had coverage on it and that didn't work either. Progressive I got all the way to the end and it wanted the loan company and who the payments were made to. My financing thru tesla is TD bank, N.A. and that doesn't show up with Tesla.

Since I already have a delivery date scheduled the last caller id I wanted to see on my phone was Tesla. Delivery was scheduled for May 6th in Houston but it's still in a rail yard in CA. I leave on vacation Sunday so there's a chance I'll miss it now.

M3P, Midnight Silver/Black, no FSD
Pickup location: Houston
OD: 2/12/22 (March estimate)
EDD1 (2/13): April 18 - May 16
EDD2 (4/15): April 27 - May 10
EDD3 (4/20): May 5 - May 19
EDD4 (4/25): May 8 - May 12 VIN Assigned 2365xx
EDD5 (4/27) Delivery scheduled for May 6
EDD6 (5/1) Got the "bad news call" with risk to the delivery date

Click help and give them your reservation number you're not gonna get any help from anyone here beyond that.
I clicked Help. I'm not asked for my reservation number; I'm just referred to boilerplate help pages that don't seem to address my problem. For example, the only "Registration" referred to is the registration of the car with state DMVs, nothing about sending Tesla a photo of my ID. At this point, I'm not even sure there IS anything wrong. What would be helpful is if someone would describe exactly what I should have already seen following the downloading of the app after I ordered the car and received the initial emails from Tesla (Welcome to the family, Finish these tasks). Somebody said I should have been asked to send a photo of my ID to Tesla, otherwise I'd be in "limbo"...I would be happy to! Where do I send it?

Just got the VIN and new EED is May 13-17

M3P White /Black no FSD. Charlotte NC

OD : 02/26
EDD : March
EDD : May 10- June 7 (02/27)
EDD : April 23 - May 28 (03/22)
EDD : April 18 - May 16 (03/30)
EDD : April 21 - May 2 (04/03)
EDD : May 4 - May 18 (04/09)
EDD : May 2 - May 15 (04/15)
EDD : May 10 - May 24 (04/20)
EDD : May 13 - May 17 (04/25)
My EED changed to May 15-19 now. Just got the check from the bank and mailed it to Tesla yesterday. Hope to be schedule for real delivery date soon 🤞

***UPDATE EVERYONE***
Timeline my M3P bday is 4/18 , delivered to so cal 4/21 , vin assigned 4/25 and still no delivery option., I spoke to the sales rep she said that my vehicle is awaiting a software update to be pushed before it can be inspected and released to select a delivery date . To me this makes no sense as she confirmed there is no hardware issue it’s a software thing and she wasn’t able to answer much more. I then called another tesla dealer 200 miles north in Cali and he pulled up my account and said over the last 2 weeks this is a tesla wide issue on ALL MODELS but they have not been given much insight from management. He confirmed it’s not a issue of waiting on parts it’s just a software update … I’m still puzzled and confused cause wouldn’t you think tesla would prioritize vehicles that just came in so they could clear them off their lots ??? Has anyone else heard similar ?? I recommend others calling their delivery center and seeing if we can gather more Intell on this apparent “ software update “ please share if you call 🏎
I was always thought it was a hardware issue but this is 4th or 5th post I have seen delays due to a software update which does not make sense. That means something is different than the current cars that it would be need an update to fix otherwise they would resort to using the current software that every other Tesla is on.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
M3P, MSM/Black, No FSD, Los Angeles

O/D: 3/26
EDD1: May-Jun
EDD2: May 17-Jun 14
EDD3: Apr 19-Apr 30
EDD4: May 14-Jun 11
EDD5: Jun 2-Jul 14
EDD6: Jun 11-Jul 16
EDD7(today): May 17-Jun 14

New EDD is now same as first time I got dates. Keeping expectations low, but glad to see movement either way.

Kinda hoping it gets delayed again since I will be on 2 week vacation right in the middle of the EDD range...or even before my trip. 🙏🏻

Hello Everyone,

I purchased a Model 3 Performance about two months ago. The initial delivery date showed from May 2-May 30.

Over the course of these past two months my delivery date has changed about 4 times.

First: May 2 - May 30
Second: April 16 - May 15
Third: May 15 - June 19
Last (3 Days Ago): May 1 - May 14

This is the shortest the time period has been. It usually shows a 1 month EDD. It is the evening of May 1st and I have not received anything from Tesla. No VIN nor email to schedule an appointment.

Do you guys think I will receive anything shortly or if I will actually be getting the car in this next week or two?

Thanks!

Since I already have a delivery date scheduled the last caller id I wanted to see on my phone was Tesla. Delivery was scheduled for May 6th in Houston but it's still in a rail yard in CA. I leave on vacation Sunday so there's a chance I'll miss it now.

M3P, Midnight Silver/Black, no FSD
Pickup location: Houston
OD: 2/12/22 (March estimate)
EDD1 (2/13): April 18 - May 16
EDD2 (4/15): April 27 - May 10
EDD3 (4/20): May 5 - May 19
EDD4 (4/25): May 8 - May 12 VIN Assigned 2365xx
EDD5 (4/27) Delivery scheduled for May 6
EDD6 (5/1) Got the "bad news call" with risk to the delivery date
Did your vin have a C or L for the 8th digit ?

The software update/recall is that during Track Mode it does not differentiate mph vs kmh which is aDOT legality issue. This is a simple software fix and obviously a stop delivery on these cars until resolved. It is simple but likely a process that will drive a slight delay.
Wow! How were you able to gather that Intell ? I can def see the safety factor in that! The confusing part to me was that I was told the delays were happening for all models !

Reactions: finaufan