Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick post:

I got the car!!! It is fuggin awesome!!! I will update more later, i am diving into it now...
View attachment 801828
View attachment 801829
Already been asked but I would be interested in what wheels and tires you are installing. Do you have the 3mm spacers needed? I see the hub rings in the back ground. You can get them on Amazon if needed to clear the flange on the factory rotor.
https://www.amazon.com/Centric-Spacers-Adapters-Pattern-5x114-3/dp/B084YPYFCK

Reactions: Rodney!
I was bored today, wishing I had a vin, and was looking over the price breakdown on my Tesla account. Does anyone know why we are charged a ~$1200 destination fee to pick it up from the factory where it was built? I can see if it needs to be shipping across the country but I’m picking up in Fremont. Seems weird for it to cost so much to drive it across the parking lot. Has anyone tried to have this removed?

I was bored today, wishing I had a vin, and was looking over the price breakdown on my Tesla account. Does anyone know why we are charged a ~$1200 destination fee to pick it up from the factory where it was built? I can see if it needs to be shipping across the country but I’m picking up in Fremont. Seems weird for it to cost so much to drive it across the parking lot. Has anyone tried to have this removed?w Enforcement require that Tesla charge everyone the same destination fees
Laws require that Tesla charge everyone the same destination fees, regardless of how much, if anything, it costs Tesla to transport the car.

When I took my test drive the rep told me the speed limit was capped at 85mph. It didn’t occur to me that the acceleration could have been capped as well. The car wasn’t on chill mode. I mean, it was fast and I didn’t push it too terribly hard but I was just curious if I didn’t get the full experience. Does anyone know if they tone down the test drive vehicles?

Graduation day for me, too!! Completely love the car! Best wishes to everyone still waiting— hang in there— it’s worth it!

68255C0C-AF5C-41A0-BFFA-CE12E0587923.jpeg

B35030EC-2E6C-4106-8068-5348540B41E0.jpeg

My delivery was extremely smooth at Mt Kisco today, all the reps were helpful and friendly. By far the best car buying experience I’ve ever had. I was in and out in about 20 minutes and I had a trade in. They were pretty busy but the process didn’t seem like it was rushed, just efficient. One of the reps mentioned to me they deliver up to 60 cars a day compared to a normal dealership that does about 30 cars a month. The rep said their record for most cars delivered was 128. In a day. Pretty unbelievable. My car was problem free, I did a quick scan for panel gaps and paint defects but I didn’t go over the car with a fine tooth comb, at the end of the day it’s just a car and it’s not going to be perfect forever. I took a quick drive around some backroads in the area and then headed back home to NYC.
The car does have the new projector/matrix lights and a mobile charger included in the trunk
5BD92524-29C9-42F2-A5E8-64EE68E19543.jpeg

9A7F8F36-ACC6-4B5A-8220-0128477096AF.jpeg

My delivery was extremely smooth at Mt Kisco today, all the reps were helpful and friendly. By far the best car buying experience I’ve ever had. I was in and out in about 20 minutes and I had a trade in. They were pretty busy but the process didn’t seem like it was rushed, just efficient. One of the reps mentioned to me they deliver up to 60 cars a day compared to a normal dealership that does about 30 cars a month. The rep said their record for most cars delivered was 128. In a day. Pretty unbelievable. My car was problem free, I did a quick scan for panel gaps and paint defects but I didn’t go over the car with a fine tooth comb, at the end of the day it’s just a car and it’s not going to be perfect forever. I took a quick drive around some backroads in the area and then headed back home to NYC.
The car does have the new projector/matrix lights and a mobile charger included in the trunk
.View attachment 801874
View attachment 801873
Looks great!

It definitely looks like the newest batches of 22 M3P are no longer lowered. Supposedly the ride is smoother but not gonna lie, not loving the wheel gap. Am doing MPP coilovers anyway, but I may need to get them on sooner than later. Need to find the time as I like to do suspension work myself.
I’ve read the wheel gap difference is because the tires aren’t as thick as the Michelin’s.