Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 6/17
Got my two week window last week: 8/11-8/25.
Told that my VIN would be coming first week of August. We’ll see. Looks like a lot of folks that ordered around my OD are getting VINs now.
Not me :confused: OD 6/15 no two week window, no VIN. Just patience....for now :) I know some people have been waiting longer and I feel for them.

I asked my SA today if I would soon be matched to a VIN. They replied: "Your estimated delivery is July 27 - August 24. You'll be getting matched to a VIN soon. A few days after that, you'll be able to schedule a pick-up time. After you get matched to your VIN, go ahead and complete the insurance section on your Tesla app."
Hopefully, I can see some updates this week :)
I have exact same EDD haha

Reactions: coco_bottle
OD:6/12.
Vin received today in eastcoast Virginia.
EDD:8/10-8/13.
Wondering if anyone got started on the “make final payment” tab before seeing vehicle. Didn’t know if that would slow the process if I just waited to see the car before paying any money. Any advice?
I won’t pay a dime until I see the car. If you have a trade-in and are financing, with you having the VIN now you can get that started.

OD:6/12.
Vin received today in eastcoast Virginia.
EDD:8/10-8/13.
Wondering if anyone got started on the “make final payment” tab before seeing vehicle. Didn’t know if that would slow the process if I just waited to see the car before paying any money. Any advice?
Don’t believe it slows it down, taking delivery today and haven’t paid yet.

They have the mobile chargers in stock right now on the website. Only the one for the regular wall plug. Went ahead and ordered it and if my car ever ships and it has it included then I will just return it.
the 14-50 plug adapter was in stock momentarily last week (7/20) and I snagged one. So basically for $45 (vice $200), I have a full Mobile Connect kit with the same two outlets it would come with. My OD was 5/1, but my car still came with a mobile connector and a regular house 110V adapter plug. I still have the two adapter plug kit on order from my original 5/1 when I ordered the car. I'll probably still hold onto that order and either re-sell it or pass it on to a buddy.

Reactions: unlock
Good deal. You just sign the mvpa there I’m guessing? Also did you go with Tesla insurance?
I didn't do my ACH transfer of the down payment until after I inspected the outside of the car. They wouldn't let me inside until I accepted delivery. After doing the ACH in the parking lot, I walked in - they saw it clear on their end. Gave them my promissory note from NFCU all filled out and signed Front and Back - accepted delivery in the Tesla App...they transfer the car to you and the car is yours. Handed me the card keys and that's all she wrote. I stayed and inspected the car for about another hour, going through the checklist. Couldn't find anything wrong really and certainly nothing causing a need to reject it.

Edit: Tesla will pressure to get their money. And get you to take delivery earlier if they can...it's all about revenue really. I had to tell them several times that I did NOT want delivery. I wanted to pickup at a Delivery Center. They gave me my wish - but it was an interesting situation to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: unlock and JJwalker
Good deal. You just sign the mvpa there I’m guessing? Also did you go with Tesla insurance?
Well they let me know they were only offering home delivery at the moment, my best guess is they hope they can drive off even if ur car is messed up bad😂 I haven’t signed any MVPA just yet either, could be any minute they show up. Also no Tesla insurance! They are a bit overpriced compared to Wawanesa here for our family.

Well they let me know they were only offering home delivery at the moment, my best guess is they hope they can drive off even if ur car is messed up bad😂 I haven’t signed any MVPA just yet either, could be any minute they show up. Also no Tesla insurance! They are a bit overpriced compared to Wawanesa here for our family.
My father in law just said the 100 they quoted me at will go down once they see how I drive like a grandpa. He got it down to 68 so he recommended it. So I’m gonna bite. If it doesn’t budge than I’ll change to my state farm bundle.

the 14-50 plug adapter was in stock momentarily last week (7/20) and I snagged one. So basically for $45 (vice $200), I have a full Mobile Connect kit with the same two outlets it would come with. My OD was 5/1, but my car still came with a mobile connector and a regular house 110V adapter plug. I still have the two adapter plug kit on order from my original 5/1 when I ordered the car. I'll probably still hold onto that order and either re-sell it or pass it on to a buddy.
That’s what I am hoping for is that it ships with one. Everyone on here seems to have gotten one with their car. Rather not risk it, already have the 14-50 from my old Tesla. Worst case scenario I have 60 days to return it unopened for a refund.

DM sent. ;)

I ordered the corded 14-50 mobile one (when it was in stock - not preferred), but now the one I had originally wanted is in stock.

Screenshot_20220726-170748_Tesla.jpg

^ The one listed as corded is all one piece I take it? ie...adapter part is not removable? I don't really want this one.

Screenshot_20220726-170629_Tesla.jpg

Bummer the bundle is OOS, but I guess I could just buy the 14-50 adapter on the side.

The 5-15 one is in stock.

It's interesting how both option's are the same price at $200.

Do you guys think the bundle with both adapters will ever come back in stock in the near future?

Last edited: