Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After receiving VIN# making arrangements for final payment, the app is only giving one option - direct bank transfer via Plaid service. I want to pay with a cashier's check upon delivery (listed as a valid option on the site), but the app is not providing that option. Anyone else run into this?

Are they now requiring payment to be completed prior to scheduling delivery?

Nope, I just brought a cashier's check when I got mine recently. You don't need to complete that step until delivery. I just looked over the car, once I was happy I handed them the check and they changed over my app and allowed me to add my phone as my key. It was simple and quick.

Reactions: Katners
I was dumb and did not order my winter wheels and tires until after I got my M3P. I knew I was getting them, I just enjoyed looking for the right set and kept putting off buying a set so I could look for more options. Now, there was snow yesterday and last night would have been the perfect night to go play on empty streets but my wheels are in shipping. About 3" with some ice underneath on a work night with no drunks out there is perfect conditions in my mind around 1am. I absolutely love to go play in the snow on empty streets but both my fun cars only have summer rubber on them now. It killed me that I missed a perfect storm right after I got my new car. For all you waiting, learn from my mistake and order your winter set now if you need them.

After receiving VIN# making arrangements for final payment, the app is only giving one option - direct bank transfer via Plaid service. I want to pay with a cashier's check upon delivery (listed as a valid option on the site), but the app is not providing that option. Anyone else run into this?

Are they now requiring payment to be completed prior to scheduling delivery?
it varies by state law. michigan requires payment before the car can enter michigan.

I ordered 2/10 and haven’t heard a peep. Kind of bummed as I’ve seen a bunch of people get updated EDD’s a few days after their order. I’ve heard a few rumors of a possible re-tool though so I’ll be optimistic lol

My friend ordered 2/13 and his order date already changed White/Black interior. I told him he will most likely get it second week of March going off of my delivery date, current posts in here and thats its quarter end as well. Im sure yours will change soon here.

My friend ordered 2/13 and his order date already changed White/Black interior. I told him he will most likely get it second week of March going off of my delivery date, current posts in here and thats its quarter end as well. Im sure yours will change soon here.
That’s good to hear. Mines a White/White so I’ll keep my fingers crossed I hear something soon.

Tesla rep said mine is in transit from California…should get a scheduled pickup date early next week. That will be 5 weeks from order to delivery. This is going to be a long weekend…very anxious! Of course then I immediately take it for window tint and Xpel stealth PPF, so back to waiting again. So close, but will be so worth the wait!

can someone plz explain this, if I’m getting new insurance once I get my vin and don’t have auto insurance currently, how am I supposed to bring a copy? (First car sorry if this is a bad question) thx
ask the new insurance for a binder. ask them to put all the info. registrants, car info and VIN. they can do before you have the car and upload on Tesla app.

Reactions: jacobwazny