Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Model 3 Phone Charger

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Is this a 2021 model? I have the late 2020 with the wireless charger. This is plugged in to the USB underneath in the same way a 3rd party one would be. You can unplug it if needs be.
2021 model the charger is integrated in to the car, underneath the console. You'd have to disassemble the console to disable it, so not a job you'd do ad hoc.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford
2021 model the charger is integrated in to the car, underneath the console. You'd have to disassemble the console to disable it, so not a job you'd do ad hoc.
Ah, fair enough. Then I woudl agree with you. no need to unplug it. You can safely use it as a storage area for none mobiles without breaking anything. I have an old none wireless charging mobile on there to run scan my Tesla and have no problems with just leaving it there.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC