Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 popping sound from backseat speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

haoxia

May 16, 2019
NJ
Just happened today, I was driving on highway and suddenly noticed this popping sound coming from the back door speakers, it is there whenever there is sound, be it music on phone, or streaming media...

This is rather annoying, it seems I could not remove the sound even after resetting the panel... looks like someone else had similar issue before... any fix?

Or do I have to go to Tesla service center? I had the car since last Nov...

Hi haoxia,
I joined this forum after seeing your post. Today my screen froze and reset, and since it did I am hearing popping sounds from the back speakers. I did the brake+buttons reset but no dice.

Hoping there is a solution out there, an appointment is about 3 weeks out at my local service center and the sound drives me mad. I’ve only had the car (2019 Model 3) two weeks and am already using the gas vehicle again!

At least we are not alone, I’ll update if anything happens on my end.

Used the car today and it isn’t making any noises. Guess it resolved itself. I hope the same happens for you both!
We live in Florida and this happened one evening when the temperature dropped. It sounded like the drip-drip of water and came from the rear speakers. It resolved itself the next day and my theory is that the problem is cold temperature related.

Larry

I had this problem a while back too, you can find several older posts with similar issues. The solution is to the let the car go into "deep" sleep, do this by disabling Sentry Mode and don't use any external apps that keep waking the car.

Good I found this thread. I've had this intermittently from a front dash speaker on the driver's side. It comes and goes. I've done a soft reset (for other reasons), and also just recently had a software update (28.3), which hasn't really done anything. Might be a temperature thing too. Every time I've made a service appt... the noise disappears for a while. But comes back.