Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Premium Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The team at MK expressed that the premium connectivity would be available for all 'soon' but as a subscription. Let's face it, having the sat nav not showing live traffic is a decade out of date......I had a Nissan Patrol 15 years ago that did that.....

Reactions: davidmc
According to the Tesla man I spoke to at Stockport, the basic nav still uses the traffic data when working out your route, but you just can’t see it on the display. I thought that seemed odd, but that’s what I was told.

It's not that odd, since the traffic data for routing and the traffic data for display come from completely different sources (Inrix and Google respectively). The display data is probably much larger volume as the routing only retrieves data for the routes it is considering rather than every road on the screen.

It's not that odd, since the traffic data for routing and the traffic data for display come from completely different sources (Inrix and Google respectively). The display data is probably much larger volume as the routing only retrieves data for the routes it is considering rather than every road on the screen.
@arg Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me!

Reactions: davidmc
Another thread on the forum (cannot find it) stated that the fog lights are enabled in the UK for the SR+ too, as it's the law (if fitted) that the fog lights work here. As all the cars have them, they have to be enabled.

No idea if that's accurate by the way - just repeating!

They aren't enabled on the front - only the rear on the SR+. Rear ones are the only ones required by law.

They aren't enabled on the front - only the rear on the SR+. Rear ones are the only ones required by law.

Gov MOT suggests that front fog lights, if fitted since 2018, are MOT test

See https://www.mot-testing.service.gov...ors-and-electrical-equipment.html#section_4.5

4.5 Front and rear fog lamps
4.5.1 Presence, condition and operation
You only need to inspect:

• front fog lamps fitted to vehicles first used on or after 1 March 2018
  • the 1 rear fog lamp which must be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980
A rear fog lamp is not needed on:

• vehicles not fitted with front and rear position lamps
  • vehicles with permanently disconnected, painted over or masked front and rear position lamps
  • tricycles and quadricycles
Front and rear fog lamps are permitted to operate independently of any other lamps or ignition systems.

Fog lamps must produce a steady light which is:

• white – for front fog lamps
  • red – for rear fog lamps
Rear fog lamps may be combined with the rear position lamps.

A ‘light source’ means any bulb, LED or other means of emitting light.

You must assess damaged or repaired lamps for security, colour, light output and durability.

Defect Category
  1. A front or rear fog lamp with a multiple light source up to 1/2 not functioning
Minor
  1. An obligatory rear fog lamp missing, or a front or rear fog lamp inoperative or in the case of a multiple light source more than 1/2 not functioning
Major