Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price drop [Speculation]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg

Does this adjust for the fact that AP is now standard? I think that would be better for purposes of comparison.

Yes.

Base price graphed includes all features that are standard and included. The chart shows trims available to order online and off the menu (OTM) trims available only in store or by phone. Pricing is for US market in US dollars. Global prices, trims, and options vary by region. Pricing excludes destination charges, government fees, taxes, and all options.

See the graph and reference links at: Google Sheets

Don't say that. A price drop is what I've been holding out for! They did lower Model 3's price after the $7,500 drop. I'm expecting the same this time around and then its time for my long awaited order

I would be surprised if we see a U.S. price drop anytime soon since Tesla now has a worldwide market and only one production facility. The can sell all the Model 3's they can make. Even as the factory in Shanghai ramps up I doubt they will be able to keep up with demand. From here on out, any price drops will be very small and gradual.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I think if they'd drop the price, that would be no more than $1850, to offset the tax credit reduction, which is no difference than getting it before the quarter end with the tax credit. You then pay more for homelink and 14-50 cable, J1772 etc. If Elon tells the truth the M3 cost $38000 to make, there is no room for price drop. You can see where they are going, soon they will make you pay for carpet, keycard, sentry mode..... But of course, you can always hope. ;)

I think if they'd drop the price, that would be no more than $1850, to offset the tax credit reduction, which is no difference than getting it before the quarter end with the tax credit. You then pay more for homelink and 14-50 cable, J1772 etc. If Elon tells the truth the M3 cost $38000 to make, there is no room for price drop. You can see where they are going, soon they will make you pay for carpet, keycard, sentry mode..... But of course, you can always hope. ;)

Its only the same if you have enough tax liability to get the full tax credit. @Mr X (I believe) has said before that he doesnt, so any dollars off the price will actually be less money for him and anyone in his shoes.

As the tax credit reduces, there are fewer people who dont have enough tax liability but who can afford the car, but they absolutely still exist.

With that being said, I am guessing that the 35k off menu tesla (well, 35,400 I believe) wont change at all (or might even get discontinued) due to "low demand". There might be changes on the higher trims, or alternatively there might be a small reduction in the SR+ or LR AWD... probably less than the tax credit but something. I just dont think they will lower the price of the off menu items. Its more likely the off menu items go away completely.

Only problem with that is the news cycle if tesla removes the "35k" model 3, so I dont think they will completely remove it. If I were them I would actually build some of them (REAL SRs, with cloth seats etc) and let people see the proposed difference, then only build the actual SR model every couple of months.

I picked mine up, a model 3, the other day and am not worried if the price drops. If it drops I won't be mad because the federal tax credit it also getting slashed in half...

So even if Tesla were to drop 1K off the price I'd still come out ahead..