Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price Reduction. Feeling robbed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robbed twice if you happen to also purchase EAP... pretty crap for only having a car for a couple months. Really think early adopters deserve to be treated better than this.

What I learned, do not support this company with new models. I can't believe how shitty we've been treated.

There is no EAP anymore, it's only AP and FSD. They removed NOA, Summon, and self parking from AP, and it's only part of FSD now.

Price of my Model 3 LR AWD fell by $5600 before tax. Anyone else feeling robbed?
Does it work any worse than when you bought it? I doubt it. I bet it has even gotten new features since you bought it through firmware upgrades. At the very least they're giving you more range (now 523 km for the LR).
Have you never bought any other electronic goods that got cheaper months after you bought them? Flat screen TV/monitor, computer, digital camera...
Robbed twice if you happen to also purchase EAP... pretty crap for only having a car for a couple months. Really think early adopters deserve to be treated better than this.
EAP is cheaper, but seriously downgraded. Now to get Navigate on AP, AutoPark and Summon you have to purchase FSD.

What I learned, do not support this company with new models. I can't believe how shitty we've been treated.
To fulfill their mission, the cars are going to continually improve and continually get cheaper. This is how it's always been and how it will be for the foreseeable future. The car you have is still awesome. Forget about what you paid and enjoy it. Soon there will be AP 3.0 hardware. Then something else. No matter when you buy, it will be cheaper and better not long down the road. In the meantime you've gotten to enjoy driving you car and have helped to transition the world away from the internal combustion engine and hopefully towards a better future. Thank you for that.

The FSD summon blurb now basically reads as smart summon (car comes to you in a parking lot)... So any word on those of us that got summon as part of EAP, but not FSD? Ie....do we also get smart summon grandfathered in, or do we need to buy FSD to enable that? (if it ever comes to Canada that is....which I'm dubious about given our version of summon is crippled anyway)..

Last edited:
Just by luck I've checked my vehicle profile this morning before the news. I've noticed the following changes after the announcement:

Note that I have a LR RWD with EAP

- it no longer mentions anything about premium connectivity.
- the option to purchase FSD is gone
- the date in which supercharging ends disappeared. Now, it just says "free supercharging enabled"

I'm just wondering... Maybe Tesla simply calling the former EAP now FSD? Note that even the price is the same as before which was $6,600.

- it no longer mentions anything about premium connectivity.

Under our profile it says Premium Interior so it now matches the website features that says
in car internet streaming music/media / live traffic visual and nav.

Wonder what will happen to ppl who bought it after July? when there was a release saying people need to pay for live traffic and streaming after a year.

The FSD summon blurb now basically reads as smart summon (car comes to you in a parking lot)... So any word on those of us that got summon as part of EAP, but not FSD? Ie....do we also get smart summon grandfathered in, or do we need to buy FSD to enable that? (if it ever comes to Canada that is....which I'm dubious about given our version of summon is crippled anyway)..

Elon tweeted:

Everyone who bought Enhanced Autopilot will get Navigate on Autopilot on highways, advanced summon & autopark

Hey I just bought a S P100DL in December. And it's $10,000s cheaper today with the price drop. Don't regret it as I've enjoyed it since that time and it's the deal that I made at that time. If you go to other manufacturers and their dealers you might pay thousands more when they are busy and months or weeks later get it much cheaper with the 0 percent financing, or cash credit, or manufacturer's discount or whatever they call it. Prices change on everything all the time. Feel good with what you have as it made you happy at that time. I know I'm happy with my purchase.

I bought an MS two years ago for twice as much with lower specs. Robbed! Where's my refund?
right?!?!

Some people on this website just make me...
pB43k.jpg

right?!?!

Some people on this website just make me...

It’s not just on this website. Unfortunately because Tesla caved at least once (the whole performance pack silliness) a certain type of people now feel entitled to compensation every time anything about spec or price changes.

I’m just enjoying the car - I got exactly what I was promised for the price I agreed.

EAP is the same price at FSD now ($6,600 at time of purchase).

Would be cool to just get FSD for those of us who paid for EAP... then for those who paid for FSD, they just get a refund like they did with the performance rebate.

but with that said.... I got what I paid for so anything is a bonus :)
so.. looks like the price to upgrade is $4,000 plus tax.

At this time I do not see the value to purchase this while those who have EAP already get every feature in FSD presently.

EAP is the same price at FSD now ($6,600 at time of purchase).

Would be cool to just get FSD for those of us who paid for EAP... then for those who paid for FSD, they just get a refund like they did with the performance rebate.

but with that said.... I got what I paid for so anything is a bonus :)

To me this would make the most sense for "Grandfathered" EAP owners. Especially seeing they've taken similar steps by providing an option to make things right for performance owners, maybe charge EAP owners a reasonable HW 3.0 upgrade fee. This way no need to grandfather and they can remove EAP config set/listing from their database. AP and FSD would be standard across the fleet.

Either way this rolls, I am happy with what I got.:)

Last edited:
Price of my Model 3 LR AWD fell by $5600 before tax. Anyone else feeling robbed?

Agree it does suck- car just turns 2 months old and 6k drop on awd premium w autopilot. To lessen the sting i added FSD for 3k last night from the site and now its a 3k difference after rebate but still quite a drop in 2 months :/. I dont have any regrets as enjoying a great car but maybe they could do something nice for ppl like free supercharging for 2 yrs for the early model 3 adopters or something?!

Under our profile it says Premium Interior so it now matches the website features that says
in car internet streaming music/media / live traffic visual and nav.

Wonder what will happen to ppl who bought it after July? when there was a release saying people need to pay for live traffic and streaming after a year.

I took delivery in November RWD LR, added EAP after trial and my profile lists Premium Interior as well.

Options
Enhanced Autopilot
Premium Interior