Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster here, currently driving a Q50 and I’m in the process of convincing my wife that TESLA is a safe bet in the long run. No gas, no maintenance, etc.

We live in North Carolina so our state incentives aren’t great and I’m debating on trying to push the purchase before the Federal Tax Credit expires on 6/30.

What’s the general consensus on this forum (if there is one) in regards to pricing once the credit expires, do some think the price will drop again or are we pretty much at the bottom line for the model 3?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

What’s the general consensus on this forum (if there is one) in regards to pricing once the credit expires, do some think the price will drop again or are we pretty much at the bottom line for the model 3?

It *shouldn't* drop any further (so they've said), but i wouldn't be surprised if it did - but probably not much. If i were you, i'd order my car in Mid-May or so to ensure you get the latest/greatest but also still get the $3750 credit.

Fellow NCer here!

DEFINITELY get one before the Federal rebate goes away. i agree no good incentives in NC, but also check your energy company. Ours, (energyUnited), gives a $500 rebate for a home charging station.

I think you'll see "sales" with software but my gut tells me Elon is as low as he can go on the car. IMO I foresee an increase actually.. but it's anyone's guess. Life is short. Enjoy it now.

Tell mamaWolf she will LOVE it! I almost divorced my husband when he admitted putting down a deposit on this thing called a "Tesla".. but a month after his delivery I had to have my own!

Careful what you wish for! :p

Specifically regarding price, it's gonna be a crap shoot. Too many factors to predict.

If it were me (and it was 4 months ago when $7500 credit went away), I'd use other factors to more heavily determine the purchase. With the usage we've got from our purchase, it was well worth buying when we did. Specifically the stress it takes away from my daily commute because I can use Auto Pilot. I've never been less stressed arriving to work and arriving home. I've also never traveled so much in the right lanes at +5 or +10 mph over the speed limit.

Based on my experience with Tesla, I don't think you will see another price drop anytime soon. I think Tesla is losing money with the SR 35k trim. If you're looking for a SR or SR+ those are very well priced. They might lower the LR and Performance trim since they do make more money on them.

• Funny
Reactions: seattlite2004
If you wait until the end of June, the tax credit will drop by $1750, not insignificant, but not that significant. With the price changes recently, I doubt if any additional changes will occur.
I'm down the street in Georgia and we used to have state tax credits, but the idiots dropped them about 4 years ago, it temporarily squashed sales, but they picked back up.

There seems to be a Blue, White and Black Model 3 in Charlotte inventory that may make for a nice weekend purchase!

If you wait until the end of June, the tax credit will drop by $1750, not insignificant, but not that significant. With the price changes recently, I doubt if any additional changes will occur.
I'm down the street in Georgia and we used to have state tax credits, but the idiots dropped them about 4 years ago, it temporarily squashed sales, but they picked back up.

There seems to be a Blue, White and Black Model 3 in Charlotte inventory that may make for a nice weekend purchase!

I was looking at the inventory this morning, soooo tempting. I need to sell my Q first, it’s KILLING NE !!!

First time poster here, currently driving a Q50 and I’m in the process of convincing my wife that TESLA is a safe bet in the long run. No gas, no maintenance, etc.

We live in North Carolina so our state incentives aren’t great and I’m debating on trying to push the purchase before the Federal Tax Credit expires on 6/30.

I'm planning to buy one in June as well. Take note though, you have to actually take delivery of the car prior to June 30th. So you need to order with enough time to actually get the car. If you are not in California, it could take longer. There are threads on here with people still waiting. So depending on the options and model you might have different experience. Unless you are willing to take whatever they have in inventory, if they have any.

Reactions: Daddywolf
I'm planning to buy one in June as well. Take note though, you have to actually take delivery of the car prior to June 30th. So you need to order with enough time to actually get the car. If you are not in California, it could take longer. There are threads on here with people still waiting. So depending on the options and model you might have different experience. Unless you are willing to take whatever they have in inventory, if they have any.

Yeah, I was thinking zero hour would be like June 10, but the TESLA showroom has several in stock as of today, it’ll be interesting to see how long they last.

Difficult to forecast, anyhow if you want a very good deal buy the SR, you need to do it on the phone, but totally value. If you want the autopilot buy the SR+.
If you want to see an SR+ I’m in NC (Raleigh area).
Not expecting it will go lower than 35KUSD.

Reactions: Runnergirl
Difficult to forecast, anyhow if you want a very good deal buy the SR, you need to do it on the phone, but totally value. If you want the autopilot buy the SR+.
If you want to see an SR+ I’m in NC (Raleigh area).
Not expecting it will go lower than 35KUSD.

I def want AP so I’ll be going SR+ with the negative equity I have in my Q anything more expensive isn’t really an option. I appreciate the offer! I’ve never been to Raleigh, maybe it’s time!