Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Projected 0-60 Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was the only thing I was disappointed about at the reveal (well, other than the lack of info on awd specs, the "something special," etc.). A lot of people have stated that the awd specs could be a lot better, but if MS is any indication, there's not much difference between rwd and awd performance anymore. I'd guess based on the MS 75 vs 75D that the long range awd M3 will be 5.0 sec to 60. Then, by the time you get to a performance model, the price will be comparable to a base Model S (which I believe will still be faster than a M3 P75D). I know others disagree, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm guessing they are holding the awd specs back so people will be less inclined to wait.

ZERO % chance Tesla has a model 3 production car that will be released with a 0-60 time anywhere near 2 seconds during the next couple years.

Agreed ... the first year of production will all be 5 second cars :cool:

Model 3 Specs.JPG

No way, not a stock one.

People seem to forget that the 0-60mph for ice cars are with launch control, with a professional driver and on really good surface. With the model 3 you just smash the pedal and you get consistent 0-60mph times on all season tires weather is dry or damp on any street.

365hp 422tq from the factory is gonna get you 5.5secs. Don't forget that these vehicles are built to tow 10k lbs without flinching.
A 6.2l sierra is gonna be in the same ballpark. Factory by the way.
Toyota tundra supercharged same deal. Oh that's factory too.
Ford is bringing back the tremor.
Course some of these trucks weigh 2000lbs more than the 3.
The 5.6 0-60 just seems disappointing.