Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear ended [is my car totaled]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi today on April 19 2024 I got rear endedon my tesla 2023 only 10k miles on it in high way while i was changing lane and slowing down in my own lane, car right behind me suv jeep hit my car by right fender it’s my first ever accident and i do have tesla insurance my question was base of damage is my car totaled or it’s fixable I claim on tesla app got appointment in tesla body shop still waiting for estimate from body shop i have no clue how long will take or do i need rental car because i got to get to work just wanted some advice and opinions of people that have similar experience I really appreciate any type help or advice

Attachments

• IMG_1090.jpeg
    IMG_1090.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 11
Ok I’ll bite… so many questions:

- is this a M3 SR or LR?
- any other error messages on screen?
- did airbags go off?
- is car drivable? (Probably not with tow truck there, but have to ask)
- which panels damaged? (Hard to tell on white, reflections)
- any other damage? Tires? Leaking fluids?

You’re probably still in shock since it’s your first accident; but frankly, if there are no injuries, it’s no big deal 🙏

My WAG is that it’ll be out of commission for ~8 weeks. Depends on how fast Tesla insurance will approve the fixes (if not totaled), shop schedule, and how fast they can get parts.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear about this. At least you are physically OK and your armor protected you.

The rear quarter panel isn't a great place to get hit. There is almost always frame damage requiring extensive framework. Likely more than $15k in damages there plus another $1000 for your rear bumper. Any damage to that axle and suspension, and it is likely totaled.

Again this is better than personal totally and I realize this is stressful and harmful in other ways. Hang in there. Get a rental and some rest.