Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The repair bill for the Model 3 is insane! Ot really hurts one of my possible arguments to change my Model S for a Model 3: that the Model 3, the simpler car for the masses, would be a more inexpensive car to maintain.
Yes the repair bill is insane, but I would not attribute that to be model 3 specific. I think you have the confluence of high labor costs, and a relatively complex product (Teslas in general). Most of the cost was labor in disassembling and reassembling. When the rate is $125-150 per hour, then it racks up pretty quickly regardless if it is a model S or model 3.

I do, however, wonder what would happen if his insurance company is the same as my insurance company. In such a case I might be told "tough feces" and have to pay for reapplication out of pocket, even though that'd be fairly silly.

I had that happen many years ago. It was a bit of a nightmare to be honest.

First they wanted to use cheap pattern parts. Then they offered me a tiny little manual car I could barely get into while mine was being fixed. Settled for a Cayenne because that's all they had.

Then they didn't want to cover my fuel costs which were about 8x what my Leaf cost to run.

Finally for the next few years I had to threaten court when they refused to cover my increased insurance premiums!

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 9.11.13 AM.png
Hopefully you filed diminished value.

Reactions: 1 person
Too bad it will always have a carfax scar on it. Won't matter until you try to sell it.
Yes..that is nothing I can do about. Not going to sweat that. Not looking to sell anytime soon. I tend to keep my cars to the point where at the point I sell the $ diff with and without the carfax scar is negligible. This car in particular is my commute car which I will likely give one of teenage kids in a few years after I run up the miles.

View attachment 297672 Hopefully you filed diminished value.

Thanks for the suggestion... but not going to sweat the claim. It will take more work than it is worth to get the claim approved. Just want this to be over.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan