Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 release candidate video in SLO Motion

When do you think we will see more of the release candidate ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car looks bigger!
Rear overhang seems definitely longer.
Front looks more rounded and balanced.
The arch form of the window line less bent than the earlier shots.
Almost like a Model S.
Maybe that´s what Elon meant with "iteration of S".
That´s what "solved" the trunk problem.

A BMW 5 series size and not 3 series.

Same tricks in effect like MX, this time vice versa.
(MX 2012 protoype was longer and more elegant with a softer roofline compared to what we have today).

• Informative
Reactions: Model 3
The car looks bigger!
Rear overhang seems definitely longer.
Front looks more rounded and balanced.
The arch form of the window line less bent than the earlier shots.
Almost like a Model S.
Maybe that´s what Elon meant with "iteration of S".
That´s what "solved" the trunk problem.

A BMW 5 series size and not 3 series.

Same tricks in effect like MX, this time vice versa.
(MX 2012 protoype was longer and more elegant with a softer roofline compared to what we have today).
Bigger yet same number of battery modules :(

That is a huge elegant car.
Either a kid in there or bigger headroom than MS.
model-3-release-candidate-cinterior-view.png

The chrome trim around the windows is disappointing. Was that on the demo M3s?
The chrome trim around the windows of the car in the video being discussed looks the same as the prototype to me. No change there. See Model 3 | Tesla
It looks to me like they dumped the trunk in favor of a hatchback design. Definitely more of an S feel than before. I'm happier.
I see nothing in that video that shows a hatchback. What am I missing? Or did you forget the "just kidding" emoji? ;)
First impression: It really did look bigger than the silver one we have seen for months now. More like an S. Love the look
The black 3 in the video looks the same size as the prototypes.

You guys are seeing things. Imaginary things. The waiting has got to you. Take a break. :cool:

True, I may be seeing things. Maybe the color just makes it look bigger to me. But first look for a sec. I thought it was an S
I've watched the video multiple times.

I think the camera angle and the panning motion is misleading you. Pause the video at the 7 second point so you see the car straight on, when its path of motion is at a right angle to the plane of the video image. Then look at front and rear overhangs (length of the body ahead of and behind the wheels). It is clearly much shorter than an S, just like all the Model 3 prototypes we have seen.