Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 repair disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the responses... I was not expecting the car to stop on its own...I was distracted with the screen and that is how I rear ended the car in front of me at the stop light. MY fault, not Tesla's. That said, the airbag did not deploy and I was able to drive it home on one headlight and a smashed hood (limited visibility. From my estimate, it took 30 days for the my place in line to come into the shop, another 30 days to take it apart and order the parts, then another 30 days to put it back together... Today we are going on 100 or so days... THey promise to have it back by the end of next week..

Thanks for the responses... I was not expecting the car to stop on its own...I was distracted with the screen and that is how I rear ended the car in front of me at the stop light. MY fault, not Tesla's. That said, the airbag did not deploy and I was able to drive it home on one headlight and a smashed hood (limited visibility. From my estimate, it took 30 days for the my place in line to come into the shop, another 30 days to take it apart and order the parts, then another 30 days to put it back together... Today we are going on 100 or so days... THey promise to have it back by the end of next week..

Glad you are ok. thats the problem with Tesla, relative young, major of parts made goes on brand new cars and as it appears small % meant for repairs. I do agree, it is hard to get a hold of human over at Tesla these days.