Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 requiring MOT soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a 2014 plate Model S and it’s failed its MoT twice now. This is a huge problem for Tesla owners. Tesla do not make parts available to anyone. My MoT garage could repair a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. But not a Tesla. So a major fail is a big big issue. Tesla don’t do MoTs. But because they don’t make parts available you have to book a repair with Tesla. Not easy as we all know as you can’t ring or email them. Meanwhile your car is off the road. Once Tesla has repaired it (and there are plenty of horror stories about Tesla “repairing” the wrong thing) you then have to take it back to the original MoT garage of course to have the car pass. To call all this a faff is to put it mildly…

• Funny
Reactions: Js1977
I’ve got a 2014 plate Model S and it’s failed its MoT twice now. This is a huge problem for Tesla owners. Tesla do not make parts available to anyone. My MoT garage could repair a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. But not a Tesla. So a major fail is a big big issue. Tesla don’t do MoTs. But because they don’t make parts available you have to book a repair with Tesla. Not easy as we all know as you can’t ring or email them. Meanwhile your car is off the road. Once Tesla has repaired it (and there are plenty of horror stories about Tesla “repairing” the wrong thing) you then have to take it back to the original MoT garage of course to have the car pass. To call all this a faff is to put it mildly…

Sorry but that made me chuckle 🤭 ... Why dont you tell us what it's failed on and someone might give you a tip or did you just pop back in for a rant again 🤷‍♂️

Also, you have a list HERE with phone numbers and email addresses plus the app on your phone.

isn't it the case that MOT would be failed due to either tyre thread level, either lights, either brakes or chassis?
All of it, I am sure, can be repaired without tesla :/

Nonsense. You can order parts through the app and there are plenty of aftermarket replacement parts available for all Tesla models now, so there's no reason a garage can't carry out repairs.

• Helpful
Reactions: UkNorthampton