Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky rear suspension, out of warranty Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, last week I noticed noise coming from my rear suspension passenger side. My car is 2019 Model 3 and sadly just out of warranty (50,200 miles!).

I have had the front upper arm suspension replaced last year - they initially gave injection but when the problem recurred they replaced it under warranty.

This time it’s coming from the rear and the noise is slightly different. It sounds more as if there was a stone stuck on the wheels, but I have given it a good clean with pressure washer and I can’t see any stone.

Tesla charges £165/hour before VAT for labour, ie just for inspection.

Is there a trusted garage that can deal with this problem, seeing as my car is out of warranty? I did my MOT at KwikFit in Chester…

Update:
I live in the North West, and found a list of garages that work with EVs, has anyone had any experience with them, or other trustworthy garages?

I’ve contacted Wirral Automotive Services, their earliest appointment is 30th May, still earlier than Tesla, and their rate is £102/h incl VAT.

Other garages I haven’t tried calling (these are the ones within 50 miles of where I live):
AC Autotech
Mobile Service
CH43
United Kingdom
07731 848747
Website

Ashwell Motors
22-30 Ashwell Street
Liverpool
L8 5RU
United Kingdom
0151 709 3344
Website

Auto Services
Lower Denbigh Road
St Asaph
Clwyd
LL17 0EG
United Kingdom
01745 585191
Website

Shaws Service Station
93a Foryd Road
Kinmel Bay
Rhyl
LL18 5LU
United Kingdom
01745 353481
Website

Reactions: Ricecooker
Hi, last week I noticed noise coming from my rear suspension passenger side. My car is 2019 Model 3 and sadly just out of warranty (50,200 miles!).

I have had the front upper arm suspension replaced last year - they initially gave injection but when the problem recurred they replaced it under warranty.

This time it’s coming from the rear and the noise is slightly different. It sounds more as if there was a stone stuck on the wheels, but I have given it a good clean with pressure washer and I can’t see any stone.

Tesla charges £165/hour before VAT for labour, ie just for inspection.

Is there a trusted garage that can deal with this problem, seeing as my car is out of warranty? I did my MOT at KwikFit in Chester…

Nobody is going to have to interact with the EV electrics so in theory any garage would be able to diagnose the issue. (It's unlikely that a pressure washer would be useful for dislodging a stone and if pointed in the wrong direction could even force water into a "sealed" boot... so I would recommend great care with that approach.) The only thing a garage might need to know is how to deactivate the automatic parking brake (an issue on many modern cars). A quick Youtube search will show all you need to know. You will supply a set of jacking pads I assume.

Update:
I live in the North West, and found a list of garages that work with EVs, has anyone had any experience with them, or other trustworthy garages?

I’ve contacted Wirral Automotive Services, their earliest appointment is 30th May, still earlier than Tesla, and their rate is £102/h incl VAT.

Other garages I haven’t tried calling (these are the ones within 50 miles of where I live):
AC Autotech
Mobile Service
CH43
United Kingdom
07731 848747
Website

Ashwell Motors
22-30 Ashwell Street
Liverpool
L8 5RU
United Kingdom
0151 709 3344
Website

Auto Services
Lower Denbigh Road
St Asaph
Clwyd
LL17 0EG
United Kingdom
01745 585191
Website

Shaws Service Station
93a Foryd Road
Kinmel Bay
Rhyl
LL18 5LU
United Kingdom
01745 353481
Website
I've used Ashwell before for my audis. Good experience

Here's the line item for the rear arm that made my model 3 sound like a clown car.
The bush had delaminated.
RR UPR FORE LINK ASSY, STMP (1044427-00-C) 1.00 £135.63
Same parts I had done. ID'd under warranty, but they wouldn't touch it as there were some near by after market suspension parts 🙄. Local garage fitted both sides for an hour's labour.