Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Holder Referral Code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I am a non-owner Model 3 reservation holder.

During my daily check of my Tesla account to see if the email letting me know I can configure the 3 got lost in transit, I saw something surprising. Unfortunately, I still can not configure my car, however, I do now have my own "Unique Referral Link" (only for S/X or Solar).

Did anyone else also get a link even though they are not owners yet?

I also placed a deposit for Powerwalls last week so not sure if that was the change.

I am a non-owner Model 3 reservation holder.

During my daily check of my Tesla account to see if the email letting me know I can configure the 3 got lost in transit, I saw something surprising. Unfortunately, I still can not configure my car, however, I do now have my own "Unique Referral Link" (only for S/X or Solar).

Did anyone else also get a link even though they are not owners yet?

I also placed a deposit for Powerwalls last week so not sure if that was the change.
I believe the power wall purchase was the reason. There was discussion about this on other threads.

Does a Model 3 owner (car only, no charging or energy products) receive any perks for referring a friend to buy a Model S/X?

When I ordered the Powerwall, I received a referral code. I ended up cancelling the order and my referral code went away. After ordering the Model 3, I got the referral code again - although when I looked at my Tesla account this evening, the code was gone again (although that could be due to the current program ending tomorrow).

The link for the code still works (referrals are only good on the S, X or solar, no 3).