Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservations in AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard if the gallery in Scottsdale will be taking reservations for the Model 3? I talked to someone there and he said he didnt think they would be able to, they thought they could at first but now not sure. One of my friends said he talked to someone there and they said yes they would, so it seems nobody is sure yet.

I'm pretty sure they are going to take reservations as advertised by Tesla. If you don't want to drive down and sit in line like an Apple fanatic waiting for an iPhone, why not just sign up online? Online reservations go live April 1st...

P.S. STV represent! lol...

I posed this question to a Gallery Advisor at Scottsdale. His reply was:
"We do not know at this time what will be happening with the Model 3. We do know that everyone will have access on April 1st."

Well, let's see. Tesla is rolling this out worldwide and they have a store in Sydney, Australia. 12:01 AM April 1st in Sydney is 6:01 AM MST March 31st here in Tucson. That's even before the Gallery opens in Socttsdale.

I'll try then ;-)

NOOOOOOO!!!! I'll be there for a medical conference and was planning on stoping in to make my reservation. Looks like i'll have to call them in the morning and complain. If Elon says you can make a reservation in store then it need to be ALL stores.

NOOOOOOO!!!! I'll be there for a medical conference and was planning on stoping in to make my reservation. Looks like i'll have to call them in the morning and complain. If Elon says you can make a reservation in store then it need to be ALL stores.

Scottsdale is a Gallery, not a Store. They may look the same, but unfortunately Arizona is one of the states with super-strict dealer laws, and Tesla is not authorized to sell in Arizona… So Tesla operates a Gallery here. You can look and get information, but they cannot offer test drives nor can they sell a car (which would include take a deposit)...

ZBB has the Gallery ceased offering test drives? The Gallery staff used to bring a handful of S' to Tucson for test drives. I know for a fact they used to offer test drives out of Fashion Square also.

Last edited:
ZBB has the Gallery ceased offering test drives? The Gallery staff used to bring a handful of S' to Tucson for test drives? I know for a fact they used to offer test drives out of Fashion Square also.

I believe they only do scheduled test drive events -- like on weekends. You can't just walk in and get test drives. Back when I was shopping over 3 years ago, I either had to get one of the early owners to offer a drive, or go to CA to get a test drive...

I literally just got off the phone with them too and they said the same thing. I'm pretty excited now. The funny thing about my call though was the fact that I was about to read the Model X agreement to him explaining that the reservation is only for spot in line and not the sale of a vehicle but before I could even do that he mentioned it to me. Looks like i'll be there to place my deposit after all.

I got to Fashion Square about 10:30 AM after driving up from Tucson, slowdown on I-5 due to yet another accident, etc. Line was 3 hours long, placed reservation at about 1:30 PM. People in front and behind me in the line were not owners, so I was able to answer a lot of questions.

Not quite the 40 minute wait I expected!

I got to Fashion Square about 10:30 AM after driving up from Tucson, slowdown on I-5 due to yet another accident, etc. Line was 3 hours long, placed reservation at about 1:30 PM. People in front and behind me in the line were not owners, so I was able to answer a lot of questions.

Not quite the 40 minute wait I expected!
I arrived at 9:45 AM and had my reservation completed at 12:30. The Scottsdale team did a great job processing everyone and the process was well executed.

Scottsdale is a Gallery, not a Store. They may look the same, but unfortunately Arizona is one of the states with super-strict dealer laws, and Tesla is not authorized to sell in Arizona… So Tesla operates a Gallery here. You can look and get information, but they cannot offer test drives nor can they sell a car (which would include take a deposit)...

They do indeed offer test drives during special events.