Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Reveal Event Coverage (3/31/16) 8:30PM PST - Discussion/Pictures/Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those asking about the interior, yes it's very much a mockup. The real interior will obviously be better than this, and of course there will be a driver's console.

Great looking car IMHO. For those who think the smooth nose looks a little odd, I think it makes sense to just start getting used to the fact that cars won't have a front grill anymore. They are a stupid waste of aerodynamic efficiency on EVs and serve no purpose. This is the look of the future.

I like it.

It's not the lack of the grill. There's just something off about the profile and the shape. It's just too blunt and with a weird upward slope.

upload_2016-3-31_21-20-55.png

Reactions: WarpedOne
I'm still not sure whether AP and Supercharging are extra cost. I understand that the car has the capability for both, but I assume that at $35k neither are actually activated. Since the Model 3 is about 1/2 the cost of a base Model S, I'd assume that the fully optioned 3 is going to be about 1/2 the cost of a full zoot P90D (i.e., in the $65-70k range). At that price point, a CPO Model S may be a better option for many people.

I'm out...

I'm still not sure whether AP and Supercharging are extra cost. I understand that the car has the capability for both, but I assume that at $35k neither are actually activated. Since the Model 3 is about 1/2 the cost of a base Model S, I'd assume that the fully optioned 3 is going to be about 1/2 the cost of a full zoot P90D (i.e., in the $65-70k range). At that price point, a CPO Model S may be a better option for many people.

I'm out...
I'm gong to re-run broadcast but I remember that the $35K price Included AP & Supercharging

There's a first ride video on periscope in which they say the car won't have an instrument panel and the gauges will be on the far left side of the main display. Wonder if there will be issues with glare on the main display since it lacks a cowl?

-Ben

Wonder if that's where the "cards being kept close to the vest" will come in. Wouldn't be surprised to see a heads-up display for basic instrument cluster features. I don't see single display working for that reason as well as safety reasons.

I miss the grille a bit too. However, I think it still looks great and really makes the statement that this is not an ordinary ICE.

Rest of the shape is about as good as we could hope given design goals. Really nice! Very interesting how they cheated the front seats forward to get more room. Makes total sense, if unusual. And with a frunk to crumple, probably still plenty safe.

Yay! Supercharging and 215 miles of range for the base $35k! That's all I want, that's all I need! I may spring for AWD as well (it was shown in the frame display) but that really depends on the cost. So glad I got an early reservation. Here's hoping there's still that $7500 rebate when I get to buy.

Reactions: Big-Al