Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just phoned Zen Auto and looks like their

Well done congrats great news and some hope for us all. I shall phone Tesla as Zen still saying November for my 6th Jan order. M3 RWD White black interior.
Seems to be a total lottery. Convinced the Tesla team who allocate the cars for the lease companies are now ignoring the order dates and not treating the orders individually.

Next steps for you guys is to receive VINS in the source code
We have an extra layer of delay with the lease orders as a separate team deals with the orders and we can’t see the car on our Tesla accounts even though Tesla have our email and phone numbers and say they will message us when our cars are allocated. They only reason I haven’t cancelled my car is I can’t buy or lease a Tesla for such a low monthly anymore and fuel saving will have a bigger impact on the cost of the car. Just ordered the turbine wheel covers so now fully committed. lol.

Last edited:
09:38 Tesla Agent
There are a number of things that may impact this, I did have a look over to see if there had been a hold or anything on the vehicle, which there hadn't, which just leaves the admin, depending on how quickly this was completed finalizes your place in the queue. Also being this was our most widely purchased vehicle spec, we may have had upwards of 100 cars ordered on individual days, so the space between ordering and the space between manufacturing can be a lot more noticeable, but please rest assured we are doing everything we can to get you your vehicle as soon as possible, and are expecting to improve on what the original estimate was when placing the order
09:40 M3UK
I understand that, what is disappointing is people who ordered a month after me have their EDD's before me. When they ordered it was Q1 of 2023 but now its moved 6 months forward. The only logical thing here is that I am being delayed because I am a lease customer
09:42 Tesla Agent
This isn't correct, do you have any of the order details for these people who ordered after you so I can look at comparing? customers are not penalized for using a lease provider, this doesn't happen and is a misconception that appears sometimes, there is a possibility that there could be a delay caused if the lease provider took their time filling in the details, but this is something that is a little difficult to verify after the fact

A little more hope after calling Tesla and now saying estimated delivery Q4 witch could even mean October and will be notified by Tesla 30 days before car arrives with a message. He did say that Zen can ask Tesla to group together a batch of orders and delay longer so ignoring the individual order times to meet their delivery companies availability.