Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @partywme for starting a thread for those of us patiently waiting for our ā€œpoverty specā€ M3s.

Originally put down a Ā£1000 refundable deposit not long after the Model 3 reveal, but held off from ordering straightaway due to the widespread reports of fit and finish issues on early cars. Have test driven the M3 in the meantime of course, along with a few other EVs (Polestar, EV6, Mokka-E) but kept coming back to the Model 3, which seemed so far ahead of the others when it came to battery tech etc., and I really liked the minimalist interior and glass roof (which was an extra cost on so many others) which gives the car such a spacious, airy feel.

Have finally ordered white/black interior/Aeros (on Feb 7th) and have had an EDD of May ever since ordering. Itā€™s never changed, so will be interesting to see what happens to it on June 1st! (Then again, maybe they meant May 2023ā€¦.. šŸ˜‚)

Thanks @partywme for starting a thread for those of us patiently waiting for our ā€œpoverty specā€ M3s.

Originally put down a Ā£1000 refundable deposit not long after the Model 3 reveal, but held off from ordering straightaway due to the widespread reports of fit and finish issues on early cars. Have test driven the M3 in the meantime of course, along with a few other EVs (Polestar, EV6, Mokka-E) but kept coming back to the Model 3, which seemed so far ahead of the others when it came to battery tech etc., and I really liked the minimalist interior and glass roof (which was an extra cost on so many others) which gives the car such a spacious, airy feel.

Have finally ordered white/black interior/Aeros (on Feb 7th) and have had an EDD of May ever since ordering. Itā€™s never changed, so will be interesting to see what happens to it on June 1st! (Then again, maybe they meant May 2023ā€¦.. šŸ˜‚)
Couldnā€™t agree more, the M3 RWD bizarely, especially in standard form (white, blk interior and aero) probably represents a sweetspot in the entire Tesla range and certainly offer maximum bang for the buck ā€¦ I too look for alternative EVs and see absolutley none ā€¦ so wait we must ā€¦ it will be worth it I am sure ā€¦

Couldnā€™t agree more, the M3 RWD bizarely, especially in standard form (white, blk interior and aero) probably represents a sweetspot in the entire Tesla range and certainly offer maximum bang for the buck ā€¦ I too look for alternative EVs and see absolutley none ā€¦ so wait we must ā€¦ it will be worth it I am sure ā€¦
Exactly, good to discover people in a similar position. I was lucky enough to order right before the price increase.

Completely agree, especially done via salary sacrifice it became a no brainer.

Reactions: Andy Carr
Pretty much exactly my thoughts

I did give some thought to the Ford mustang EV as it looked quite cool. My issue was I test drove the M3 first and I fell in love with it. Iā€™m a minimalistic kinda guy and the interior was exactly how I imagined a car would ideally look.

Prior to test drive I was probably 60/40 (Tesla/Ford)

Never really give much thought into the LR as I donā€™t really do enough miles per year (around 5-6k) or do enough longer journeys to warrant paying the extra.

Reactions: LoneRanger
So the last ship was basically all MYs. Surely they won't do that again? There is a slim chance of another ship making it here by the end of June (Q2 end). From Mr Ms update it looks like HORIZON LEADER is our last chance. Lets hope they load it with M3s and it somehow makes it here in time. If not it will be August at the earliest for us lot.
I spoke to Tesla Live Chat and even they told me that August was now most likely, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: pault1981
Had a helpful update from Octopus today advising that August was now likely for my RWD. Interesting that they said their "bulk" order of RWD was placed with Tesla on 21/10/21, and none have been fulfilled in the recent shipment. Their vins from tesla this week have all been for Model Y or Model 3 performance/long range. Looks like no RWD were put on the boat this time unfortunately. We will continue to read these forums and wait! šŸ˜©
Thanks for the info.
Looks like no tesla until I am back from holiday at the end of August.