Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you have a complete biased view against Tesla. You may not even like the car if you begin your journey with this attitude. While margins are increasing, all Tesla models are still significantly cheaper than other EVs. When I got my MiC Model Y (after it was delayed for months), it came with a new 12V Li-Ion battery, better CPU, and wireless charging, compared to the MiA models. You can be assured that delays usually indicate supply problems and upcoming feature upgrades.
My issue with tesla is the lack of any sort of update. If I got an email saying your order is delayed because of upgrades or lack of boats etc I'd accept it as at least I've had an update. Instead everyone has to resort to speculating on forums or trying to contact them on the chat with them also telling us they have no idea and to just wait and see what happens.

My issue with tesla is the lack of any sort of update. If I got an email saying your order is delayed because of upgrades or lack of boats etc I'd accept it as at least I've had an update. Instead everyone has to resort to speculating on forums or trying to contact them on the chat with them also telling us they have no idea and to just wait and see what happens.
Yeah my feelings are similar

I like the Tesla model of not pushing products on customers… very much a “if you like it you’ll buy it” model.

What I can’t get my head round is the lack of communication within Tesla. I feel sorry for the Tesla guys and girls, they get hounded by the customers when they literally no less than those on this forum.

Must be a pretty awful place to work when you have to regularly say to customers “I don’t know”

Reactions: LoneRanger
I spoke to Bridget today on live chat during my bi-weekly update check. She told me to hold whilst she chats to the Enterprise Team on Microsoft Teams as they are handling the Lex Autolease orders. She said that they reckon it will be September 2022.

Yeah my feelings are similar

I like the Tesla model of not pushing products on customers… very much a “if you like it you’ll buy it” model.

What I can’t get my head round is the lack of communication within Tesla. I feel sorry for the Tesla guys and girls, they get hounded by the customers when they literally no less than those on this forum.

Must be a pretty awful place to work when you have to regularly say to customers “I don’t know”

Honestly thats often been my experience with other new cars. BMW would give you a build week estimate then go radio silent. We'd also rely on forums tracking boats and webcams and guessing which one was ours. A little more structured based on build dates though

Given Tesla build a limited number of variants, it should be possible for them to give you a relatively accurate estimate at time of order and stick to it.

I think the person is referring to the previous model, i.e. M3 SR plus that had a 5.3s 0-60mph … confident ours will be 5.8s, which is plenty fast enough 😀
C95DCA87-E35C-4A07-9C1C-9C88261B13CE.jpeg

The 3D7 motor is exclusive to the RWD.

Seems like a lot of orders have had EDD changes today! All seem to be MY or M3P. Where is everyone’s RWD EDD sat currently? And what spec? I’ll start…

M3 RWD / white / white / aero
November 26 - January 10th
Ordered 5th March

M3 RWD / MSM / black / aero
August 5th to September 14th
Ordered 26th March
That is an interesting one, how the considering you nearly ordered a whole month later than me. It is good to see some august EDD’s for the RWD tho, at least they are expecting to produce and deliver the RWD in Q3. Suppose it gives us Q4 EDD’s a slight glimmer of hope that we may be brought forward