Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the factory is now producing M3 only whilst the MY production line is closed for upgrades. Fingers crossed they make a few RWD!
This gives me some level of optimism. I assumed the GF closure was right across the board. The fact they are still building M3’s suggests there might be some slim chance they pump out some RWD’s.

I’m happy with a > September delivery (preferably September or October!)

This gives me some level of optimism. I assumed the GF closure was right across the board. The fact they are still building M3’s suggests there might be some slim chance they pump out some RWD’s.

I’m happy with a > September delivery (preferably September or October!)
I'm not sure the MY not running will affect the M3 line - it is running flat-out now anyway. The M3 line will also be closed down shorty for improvements, the same as at the MY line - they are just staggering the shutdowns.

I'm awaiting a RWD from part of a large order my lease company made in October 2021.
Biggest issue with lease orders is they will wait until they have a big bulk ready to go and then order. In other words they might not have ordered your car until 2 months after you put your order in with them.

If they’re being honest about the order date we may all have a bit longer to wait than we are anticipating

Reactions: sonicc
Biggest issue with lease orders is they will wait until they have a big bulk ready to go and then order. In other words they might not have ordered your car until 2 months after you put your order in with them.

If they’re being honest about the order date we may all have a bit longer to wait than we are anticipating
I believe they placed the order first for various colour RWD all with black interiors and Aeros and then customers were allocated one from that order afterwards. There wasnt much choice left by the time I put my name down!