Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q3 would be nice! Got my Hypervolt fitted on Friday, need the car to plug it into now! Charger looks pretty cool at night with the LEDs all lit up 😆

Attachments

• 20220813_103359.jpg
    20220813_103359.jpg
    920.2 KB · Views: 46
I'm paying £160 a month at the moment on Octopus Go and Octopus' variable tariff for gas (covered on price cap). That's for two of us living in a 4 bed semi, fairly average usage I'd say.

Will increase the direct debit once the car comes to about 190.

I'm paying £160 a month at the moment on Octopus Go and Octopus' variable tariff for gas (covered on price cap). That's for two of us living in a 4 bed semi, fairly average usage I'd say.

Will increase the direct debit once the car comes to about 190.
Just this minute switched from Eon to Octopus with a view to going on the Go tariff when the battery and car arrive ...

Reactions: Ashdeman
Onto the plain flexible capped tariff at the moment, but will switch to the Octopus Go tariff when either the Powerwall or the car arrive …
Would it not be better to get fixed onto the octopus go now? I know it's a bit more expensive than the price cap in the short term but I imagine the prices will jump up in October quite a bit then again in January. I assume octopus go will be fixed so will save us from the next few increases

Reactions: Ashdeman
Would it not be better to get fixed onto the octopus go now? I know it's a bit more expensive than the price cap in the short term but I imagine the prices will jump up in October quite a bit then again in January. I assume octopus go will be fixed so will save us from the next few increases
Need to look into octopus go… everyone seems to be moving to them. I assume it’s a lot cheaper than most other energy companies?

Need to look into octopus go… everyone seems to be moving to them. I assume it’s a lot cheaper than most other energy companies?
It's the cheap overnight rate that makes it more appealing for us future EV owners. 7.5p per kwh overnight for 4 hours. Most of the fixed deals are now looking at 60p plus with no offpeak as the companies are anticipating the price increases. So for me 38p peak and 7.5p overnight sounds like a good deal.
Eventually when we get our cars we can get octopus intelligent which gives us even more off peak hours.
To save money we can just tailor a lot of our energy use overnight ie washing machine, tumble dryers, dishwashers etc which we wont be able to do on any other tariffs.

It's the cheap overnight rate that makes it more appealing for us future EV owners. 7.5p per kwh overnight for 4 hours. Most of the fixed deals are now looking at 60p plus with no offpeak as the companies are anticipating the price increases. So for me 38p peak and 7.5p overnight sounds like a good deal.
Eventually when we get our cars we can get octopus intelligent which gives us even more off peak hours.
To save money we can just tailor a lot of our energy use overnight ie washing machine, tumble dryers, dishwashers etc which we wont be able to do on any other tariffs.
I’m with Sainsbury Energy, day/night tariff . 25p day rate and 13p night rate (0030-0730hrs) which seems ok, but not Octopus 7.5p, but not too bad looking at others around