Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are with EON at the moment, they were eager to install one … no charge (no pun intended 🤣) of course.
Us too and have attempted to have a smart meter fitted twice now. First time no signal could be found, and second time (several years later) the fitting appointment was cancelled the day before. This is after weeks of conversations that everything would be ok to fit. After talking to an advisor they said that there was no signal in our area, and that they did not know of a method to request signal issues to be addressed by Arquila who provision the comms. Grrr!

We just moved to Go on the 1st August, its very good and very easy to switch. If anyone wants a referral code let me know (we both get £50 credit)
Yes please I need to move from a mediaeval company xD. One for now but might do the annexe after I give it some thought.
Great we need a Tesla to sign up to the new Octopus tariff the car delay will cost us more money with the October price increases.

You need the car to sign up to Octopus Intelligent yes but you dont need to have it already to switch to Go.
Thanks for reply and if I had the car back in May when it was estimated for delivery I would have moved over from Go to Intelligent and locked in the present tarriff. I tried to sign up then but asked for VIN number. Seeing if they will take the RN. Still cheaper than fuel and just saying delays having a bigger impact on our life’s.

Last edited:
You need the car to sign up to Octopus Intelligent yes but you dont need to have it already to switch to Go.
I might just do that .. I think the Go tariff will be what I do ... I am still waiting for the Tesla Powerwall for our solar, so could then go on the Tesla powerwall tariff with Octopus, where they pay the same rate for feeding and drawing from the grid (now around 26p per kWh, it was 12p only a month or so ago) but it reduces flexibility and prohibits smart charging functions ... I really want the free solar miles in the summer months. I don't know anyone else who has the Powerwall with a Tesla car to ask ... don't suppose anyone on here is signed up to the Tesla powerwall tariff?

A couple of things put me off about Octopus intelligent, what happens if it creates a charging schedule whilst I'm at work? and the issue where the app keeps waking the car causing battery drain whilst you're away.
We can force your own schedule.
A couple of things put me off about Octopus intelligent, what happens if it creates a charging schedule whilst I'm at work? and the issue where the app keeps waking the car causing battery drain whilst you're away.
We can prevent these problems.

Us too and have attempted to have a smart meter fitted twice now. First time no signal could be found, and second time (several years later) the fitting appointment was cancelled the day before. This is after weeks of conversations that everything would be ok to fit. After talking to an advisor they said that there was no signal in our area, and that they did not know of a method to request signal issues to be addressed by Arquila who provision the comms. Grrr!
Postcode lottery extends to most provision of services it seems … that must be frustrating having decided you wanted one.

I read that Tesla have stopped taking orders for the long range in the US as the waitlist is too long. I wonder if they'll do something similar here for the RWD or other models
The European wait list is 6 months longer than the US so they clearly have different criteria for closing orders over there.

Since the last round of price increases in Europe the wait time hasn’t really increased so maybe that has controlled things enough without having to close orders, and with the extra manufacturing capacity just added in China they might even start to catch up.

Reactions: LoneRanger
We are having a nightmare getting one fitted as the signal is apparently not good enough.
Same issue.. except all my neighbours have smart meters (so clearly bollocks!)
Been onto EDF customer service for months now trying to arrange a smart meter installation, I would literally pay for one (because it would save much more money) but it has to go through EDF... So frustrating

Reactions: LoneRanger
The European wait list is 6 months longer than the US so they clearly have different criteria for closing orders over there.

Since the last round of price increases in Europe the wait time hasn’t really increased so maybe that has controlled things enough without having to close orders, and with the extra manufacturing capacity just added in China they might even start to catch up.
I do suspect there is another price increase looming … apart from the new MG and other Chinese EVs that don’t seem available to actually buy, everything else seems more expensive with long waiting times.