Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tuskers have now confirmed to me that retail orders are processed quicker, I didn't believe it at first, but they explained further how it works so I got it. The likelihood of getting an order that has been cancelled is pretty much zero as well as this is often sent to retail orders first. Q4 it is in that case and no car to keep me going until then,

Tuskers have now confirmed to me that retail orders are processed quicker, I didn't believe it at first, but they explained further how it works so I got it. The likelihood of getting an order that has been cancelled is pretty much zero as well as this is often sent to retail orders first. Q4 it is in that case and no car to keep me going until then,
Yes its now becoming very inconvenient and know one was expecting to be waiting this long and its totally ridiculous that an ordered placed 3 months after the same car gets theirs first as they should deal with the older orders first and I expect they go by the order value and say we are not making any money out of this order so sent to the back of the queue.

Yes its now becoming very inconvenient and know one was expecting to be waiting this long and its totally ridiculous that an ordered placed 3 months after the same car gets theirs first as they should deal with the older orders first and I expect they go by the order value and say we are not making any money out of this order so sent to the back of the queue.
This is the strange thing though as Mr M confirmed that bulk orders don't get discounts. They may be prioritising the post price increase people first and doing some of the older as well to mix up the balance. I think the cost of fuel sky rocketed after our orders went in and the Russia war started after too so they maybe just playing econmics now with orders

Reactions: Millenium101
What these lease companies do is wait until they have taken a big batch of orders before submitting their orders through tesla (likely due to getting some commercially agreed discount for ordering hundreds at a time and providing the company with plenty of liquidity)

So the question isn’t when did you place the order with the lease company… it’s more a question of asking your lease provider for info on when they ordered your car through Tesla.

Edit: As good as Mr M is with shipping information… do we really believe he knows what Tesla privately agrees with the lease companies. I suspect the bigger the lease company the more likely they are to receive some kind of discount.

What these lease companies do is wait until they have taken a big batch of orders before submitting their orders through tesla (likely due to getting some commercially agreed discount for ordering hundreds at a time and providing the company with plenty of liquidity)

So the question isn’t when did you place the order with the lease company… it’s more a question of asking your lease provider for info on when they ordered your car through Tesla.

Edit: As good as Mr M is with shipping information… do we really believe he knows what Tesla privately agrees with the lease companies. I suspect the bigger the lease company the more likely they are to receive some kind of discount.
They use the same account to order and give the drivers details to Tesla as my order was made on the day I signed the lease agreement and then I received the RN number from Tesla via a message on the same day. I suppose are Hertz asking a colleague to go brain dead and order a 100,000 cars individually. lol. Anyway mine was ordered the normal way.

Last edited:
Reactions: partywme
No not correct they use the same account to order and give the drivers details to Tesla as my order was made on the day I signed the lease agreement and then I received the RN number from Tesla on the same day. They order the cars as their requested and then Tesla can assign individually or in batches.
What was tuskers theory on why Tesla prioritise direct orders first? I’m interested in finding out what nonsense they are feeding you

If you read back through the threads you’ll see there have been many accounts receiving “batch” orders from the lease companies (meaning the lease company has already placed an order for the car that has not yet been assigned). To add to that there was also a lease customer who ordered in October/November 2021 but was told there order never went in through Tesla until January 2022.

What was tuskers theory on why Tesla prioritise direct orders first? I’m interested in finding out what nonsense they are feeding you

If you read back through the threads you’ll see there have been many accounts receiving “batch” orders from the lease companies (meaning the lease company has already placed an order for the car that has not yet been assigned). To add to that there was also a lease customer who ordered in October/November 2021 but was told there order never went in through Tesla until January 2022.
Tesla have your details so it has to be an individual order.

Reactions: partywme
Tuskers say that a retail order is put in on the day the small deposit is paid, whereas a lease order is when they placed the order through, so for me using this example, I had to wait 2 weeks until my RN arrived which was 16th March.
Now the lease company add that when a order from someone else (retail) is cancelled, tesla automatically default to calling a retail customer whereas if a lease order is cancelled then the lease company put it open on their general platform for first come serve basis. So if I and Alegron used the same lease company but I ordered a month earlier once the cancelled car order is put back on the general order inventory, Alegron could get there before me and get the car sooner.

I think you'll see back in this & general deliveries thread quite a few octopus EV customers got their VINs etc having ordered between March-May.

So clearly octopus had a large order in prior to us & subsequently allocated the VINs out to customers when octopus received them from Tesla.

I don't think you can brand all lease customers as being advantaged / disadvantaged. Clearly there's lots of different aspects to allocation when third party companies are involved though.

Tuskers say that a retail order is put in on the day the small deposit is paid, whereas a lease order is when they placed the order through, so for me using this example, I had to wait 2 weeks until my RN arrived which was 16th March.
Now the lease company add that when a order from someone else (retail) is cancelled, tesla automatically default to calling a retail customer whereas if a lease order is cancelled then the lease company put it open on their general platform for first come serve basis. So if I and Alegron used the same lease company but I ordered a month earlier once the cancelled car order is put back on the general order inventory, Alegron could get there before me and get the car sooner.
Earlier this year (think it was around March time) they was adding cars that matched my spec to inventory. I remember many posters were trying to get matched but being told it wasn’t possible by Tesla reps. I think a few hassled enough (and got lucky with who they was talking too) and eventually got matched.

My EDD has moved too (thanks to those in this thread for giving me the heads-up that some EDDs had changed!)

Gone from Nov-Dec to Sep 23rd to 30th (white/black/aeros Trafford collection).

Was going to book my existing car in for its annual service and MOT, due Sept 1st. If this EDD looks like it’s sticking, I might have to reconsider spending money on a potentially unnecessary service - especially if I end up selling it to a dealer who’ll be giving it a “service” anyway before selling it on!

My EDD has moved too (thanks to those in this thread for giving me the heads-up that some EDDs had changed!)

Was going to book my existing car in for its annual service and MOT, due Sept 1st. If this EDD looks like it’s sticking, I might have to reconsider spending money on a potentially unnecessary service - especially if I end up selling it to a dealer who’ll be giving it a “service” anyway before selling it on!
Has that only changed today??

When did you order?