Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I have picked up over the eternity that I have been waiting for the darn car it was ’usually’ when the ship went through the Suez and that was about 2 weeks before docking in Southampton … which corresponds with what someone on this forum has said previously, i.e. around the 7th September, so would expect a flurry of activity at that time. But then, just recently, it seems that VINs have been allocated shortly after leaving Shanghai, which is about 4 weeks sailing, and if that is the case we would expect to hear this week.
Throughout 2021 most allocations happened just after the ship departed, then in Q1 and Q2 this year it seems to correspond with Suez. Now we seem to back back to normal (if anything can be described as normal in the world of Tesla).

Reactions: LoneRanger
Tesla call centre informed me the process is to inform us via a message 30 days before the car arrives. Do you think this process is happening?
I think we can safely assume we are not the chosen ones at the moment, everything is hinging on Glovis Sun and from what @MrT3 has said a few posts ago we will be wiser a few days after that ship sets out on her merry way.

Reactions: Jon_UK
Thanks for the positivity! My order is directly through Tesla, yes. How do I know if my car is on a boat? Wouldn’t I have a VIN by now? I haven’t had one in source code or anything…

1661254398396.png

There ya go, video from 19/8/22 in the shipping thread. Your car is 5 rows back 3rd along xD Glovis Sunrise is currently off the coast of Vietnam

Reactions: LoneRanger and M3UK
Just called in at Trafford Centre to see what cars were there, newly delivered.They were busy fitting number plates of the ilk MC22CXX. A couple of cars had the shipping information visible..they had arrived on MORNING CHORUS.. What I was really looking for was the base spec White on Black with Aeros and there were two of those amongst a lot of dual motor and odd performance ones Plus model Ys of course. I had begun to think that the ‘poverty spec’ was mythical and I was encouraged for my September 23 to September 30 EDD but trying not to get carried away.

Reactions: Millenium101
Just called in at Trafford Centre to see what cars were there, newly delivered.They were busy fitting number plates of the ilk MC22CXX. A couple of cars had the shipping information visible..they had arrived on MORNING CHORUS.. What I was really looking for was the base spec White on Black with Aeros and there were two of those amongst a lot of dual motor and odd performance ones Plus model Ys of course. I had begun to think that the ‘poverty spec’ was mythical and I was encouraged for my September 23 to September 30 EDD but trying not to get carried away.
At least we purchased our cars for a sensible monthly and wont be dreading the payments.

Reactions: Frankcjd
Remember the M3 production line was down for at least week (and probably longer), so I would expect that there would be a bubble of MYs. Maybe I am just being overly optimistic....
Not wishing to piss you RWD lot off, this is just for information.
I have just had my hidden VIN come through, 615XXX. EDD was 23-30/09, now 21-30/09, so I think I must be on Sunrise.
The bit that you won't like is that my order is for an M3P, 30/05. Sorry!

Not wishing to piss you RWD lot off, this is just for information.
I have just had my hidden VIN come through, 615XXX. EDD was 23-30/09, now 21-30/09, so I think I must be on Sunrise.
The bit that you won't like is that my order is for an M3P, 30/05. Sorry!
Just take the positives, there are M3s on the Sunrise and potentially more on the Sun and possibly the Crystal