Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the same boat, buddy. Ordered 7th Feb and still no VIN! Same spec as you. Every day that passes I get less and less hopeful.
Dont deflate just yet! Shipping this quarter is a little different to keep shipping costs down! Rather than put 1000’s on one or two ships, Tesla is having to piggy back smaller batches of cars onto already scheduled ships, so vins are being applied in small batches rather than big batches that usually occurred in previous quarters! An advisor said to me, they are pretty much dishing out cars all through November and December to compensate and stated that ‘all cars have been produced’ but struggling with shipping but also didn’t state up to which order month they have all been produced up until 🤷🏼‍♂️

Dont deflate just yet! Shipping this quarter is a little different to keep shipping costs down! Rather than put 1000’s on one or two ships, Tesla is having to piggy back smaller batches of cars onto already scheduled ships, so vins are being applied in small batches rather than big batches that usually occurred in previous quarters! An advisor said to me, they are pretty much dishing out cars all through November and December to compensate and stated that ‘all cars have been produced’ but struggling with shipping but also didn’t state up to which order month they have all been produced up until 🤷🏼‍♂️
I heard the same from Tesla Sales UK. Although my EDD moved back from November to December.

Reactions: Jon_UK
Just checked in with my lease company..
23/2 order. Not matched to a car yet but late Nov early Dec EDD..
I also ordered in February. Lease company were giving monthly updates but nothing yet this month. Just checked their online portal and it states EDD of 4 November and status is "awaiting delivery to dealer". Tesla contact us directly once vehicle is matched, not via lease company.

Reactions: Falcon22
I heard the same from Tesla Sales UK. Although my EDD moved back from November to December.
I've just spoken with Melissa @Tesla. She's says I don't have a VIN match, therefore it is very unlikely that it will be delivered in November as per the EDD estimate, when pushed she did say that it was likely that there will be more deliveries prior to Xmas

• Informative
Reactions: Astrape
I've just spoken with Melissa @Tesla. She's says I don't have a VIN match, therefore it is very unlikely that it will be delivered in November as per the EDD estimate, when pushed she did say that it was likely that there will be more deliveries prior to Xmas
It does make you wonder how the EDD estimate works. Maybe they leave some orders in a grey zone, against the possibility of cancellations.

Reactions: dajw2793

Suspect we will see another UK bound ship dock this week or next (still plenty of time for this to happen). This would then line up with the late November and early December EDDs we appear to be seeing. So expect all of us waiting since Q1 will have VIN texts in next 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: dajw2793
I also have a VIN in the source code

It turns out I was searching for the wrong code 🤣
This is where I find it very frustrating to be a Lease customer as I can't view anything like that. The lease company put my order through on the same day as yourself as that's the day I received the 'we've received your order' text from Tesla. Still saying November-December but I don't have any other information at the moment. I hope it genuinely is that window as I can't wait much longer with how my current car is going.

And the vin to search for is definitely LRW on the source code of your cars order page?
Should look like this
1666618200531.png