Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I ask a range question?

So on the website now it says RWD is 305 mile range or 317 with aero wheels.
I have watched lots of YouTube videos of the LFP battery and range tests and most quote the range as 274 miles. Most are 6 - 10 month old videos.

Has something changed to increase the range or more manufacturer range inflation lies/half truths?

Thanks
There are two main ways to calculate range that manufacturers use. WLTP which has to be quoted in Europe and EPA used in the US.

305 miles is the WLTP range and EPA is 267. Your Tesla will show on the screen an estimated range roughly based on EPA even though it is a European vehicle.

Neither testing method represents the real world. EPA is more realistic than the WLTP, which is near impossible to achieve in normal driving at UK speeds, but you will struggle to get to the EPA range, especially in winter.

The SR+/RWD model did receive a battery capacity increase around 12 months ago, so older vehicles will have approximately 10% less range than the ones being delivered today.

Just got my new trade in quote.

1500 less than motorway. And 500 less than we buy any car. Anyone used motorway is that until quote likely to go down. Is it easier to go with Tesla as there's no selling car or paying Tesla before the pick up. As I don't have the deposit for Tesla to hand until I sell my current car.

Any help or advice would be greatly received. Thanks.

Got a similar trade in offer from tesla

Went to motorway and managed to sell my current car for what I wanted within 24 hours. They will agree reserve price with you before putting your vehicle to auction the next day. You still got the option to decline any offer you get once the auction finishes at 3pm.

Has anyone got a mid November delivery slot from Glovis Summit? My lease company has confirmed my car will be with the dealer by 16th Nov, but haven’t confirmed a deliver time yet. How long after the ship arrives do deliveries start?

Has anyone got a mid November delivery slot from Glovis Summit? My lease company has confirmed my car will be with the dealer by 16th Nov, but haven’t confirmed a deliver time yet. How long after the ship arrives do deliveries start?

I am through Lex Auto Lease I have a delivery date of 24th Nov, what I ordered below, got a text direct from Tesla early last week. I have now changed delivery to collection on same day from NEC.

Don't worry, as it is a lease order, the delivery "text" process maybe running later than others. You may just receive your text in a week and just have less time between the text and the actual delivery day. There's no rule here.

Drove one today lads...first time...ordered it in Sept and thought I should probably drive one before it lands. If you haven't driven one yet...you are in for an absolute treat.

Acceleration is instant and epic (plus it makes a cool iron man style noise when you floor it), quality of materials etc is excellent, and the whole thing exudes this kind of powerful calm. Just incredible.

I'm even more excited now!

Drove one today lads...first time...ordered it in Sept and thought I should probably drive one before it lands. If you haven't driven one yet...you are in for an absolute treat.

Acceleration is instant and epic (plus it makes a cool iron man style noise when you floor it), quality of materials etc is excellent, and the whole thing exudes this kind of powerful calm. Just incredible.

I've not driven the RWD LFP both test drives were a 2019 Performance and a 2021 LR AWD on a predetermined route that didn't give me much opportunity to explore the handling so curious to see how the RWD feels.
On paper it's only slightly slower than my etron 55 but I'm excited to see how that feels with a 900 KG weight saving

Long range or RWD?

RWD...it's the 2022 one I tried too. The only other EV I've driven was a test of a Cupra Born which was a decent little car but the M3 is on a different planet compared.
I drive a Lexus at the moment so had the electric Lexus UX as a service courtesy car last year, after test driving the M3 LR for 3 hours. The UX is not even 50% of where the M3 is. A considerable disappointment for a Lexus. It was also prone to wheel spin on the wet day I had it!! The slightest instruction to the car to go for it, and there was a spinny moment before the traction worked out what it was supposed to do. Like the NX which I also test drove they dont know how to stop their SUVs feeling like a boat. At least not at those price points.

How were you able to switch to collection? And can you go pick up at any time of the day? I was told collection was not a possibility (delivery scheduled on 24th too)

Did it through Tesla chat, gave me the option of either change delivery location from home to work, or collect from NEC. Regarding times, I was given about 5 slots to choose from, obviously took earliest available :)

When you say not possible, I did this a week ago, when you tried could be that all collection dates/times are fully allocated?

I've just been on online chat - who said that I have been matched - they would not give me any part of the VIN though and said I had to wait for a text 7-14 days.
Do I get my hopes up or not 😂 via Arnold Clarke salary sacrifice leasing so can't see anything in my Tesla account :rolleyes:

My Renault Zoe os on her last legs - heating gone, compressor is knackered, charging screwed up and the MOT is due 19th November o_O